What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

Oh man I am sorry to hear about Matt. Over the years I’ve ordered several items from Matt and never had an issue. I hope he gets it together and gets everyone their items. Especially Rook, because Rook is a lovely chap and very kind. I hate this for all of you.

I’m really sorry about this guys.

Told him I’m tired of the excuses and I’m sure he is too. Told him I want a refund and this is what I get.
IMG_1152.jpeg

At least you got some sort of response. He's been quiet to me since the 26th of September. It's too bad none of us live closer. I'd be willing to help him out and pull some castings, but I'm many states away. Could probably knock out a lot of his back orders in a couple weekends.

At least you got some sort of response. He's been quiet to me since the 26th of September. It's too bad none of us live closer. I'd be willing to help him out and pull some castings, but I'm many states away. Could probably knock out a lot of his back orders in a couple weekends.
He has been waiting for Those checks for what a year now?

Hi guys...just joined this forum only to add to this thread. Wish I had found it before.

I too have gotten caught in this mess. I bought a pulse rifle from Matt years ago. It was late, but I did get it eventually and it is a masterpiece. In November of 2021 I approached him about a Smartgun commission, which he immediately agreed to, took the money for, and quoted me a 3 month turnaround time. Needless to say, I'm still waiting. I have endless emails with excuses and promises that now, because of this thread, are all too familiar. Then he stopped responding to emails. Reached out to him on various instant messengers and eventually he started ignoring me there too.

What's different from what I've seen on this thread is that I got a hold of his phone number. I called it and he answered. I talked to him for about half an hour about what in the world is going on. All of the same excuses (job, family health issues, etc). He said he basically never turns the data on on his phone any more or checks his email because he is barraged with hate messages. I told him that people are justifiably angry not just because of the money loss but the lack of any response from him. He agreed and said this has become such a horrible experience for him that he's getting out of the hobby/business. Take that as you will. The conversation was very civil overall.

Before we ended the conversation though he assured me that he'd save my number and keep me up to date. I got about 3 more text messages out of him before every subsequent message is listed as undeliverable and all calls go direct to voice mail.

Anyway, that's my experience and my two cents.

Hi guys...just joined this forum only to add to this thread. Wish I had found it before.

I too have gotten caught in this mess. I bought a pulse rifle from Matt years ago. It was late, but I did get it eventually and it is a masterpiece. In November of 2021 I approached him about a Smartgun commission, which he immediately agreed to, took the money for, and quoted me a 3 month turnaround time. Needless to say, I'm still waiting. I have endless emails with excuses and promises that now, because of this thread, are all too familiar. Then he stopped responding to emails. Reached out to him on various instant messengers and eventually he started ignoring me there too.

What's different from what I've seen on this thread is that I got a hold of his phone number. I called it and he answered. I talked to him for about half an hour about what in the world is going on. All of the same excuses (job, family health issues, etc). He said he basically never turns the data on on his phone any more or checks his email because he is barraged with hate messages. I told him that people are justifiably angry not just because of the money loss but the lack of any response from him. He agreed and said this has become such a horrible experience for him that he's getting out of the hobby/business. Take that as you will. The conversation was very civil overall.

Before we ended the conversation though he assured me that he'd save my number and keep me up to date. I got about 3 more text messages out of him before every subsequent message is listed as undeliverable and all calls go direct to voice mail.

Anyway, that's my experience and my two cents.
How did you get his cell phone number?

"He's getting out of the hobby/business." Of course he is... because his reputation is RUINED forever. There's no coming back from this kind of dishonesty. Matt would need to find a new, untapped pool of suckers to stay in it. (Yeah, I can't stand grifters.)

"He's getting out of the hobby/business." Of course he is... because his reputation is RUINED forever. There's no coming back from this kind of dishonesty. Matt would need to find a new, untapped pool of suckers to stay in it. (Yeah, I can't stand grifters.)
SD still going strong that guy set records for Grifting .

I also got his number but haven’t called due to not trusting myself to have the composure to know the proper things to say. However he actually did finally refund me HALF of what he owes me. I’ve sent messages waiting for the rest but geez even that felt like pulling teeth from a raging horse.

Is there a compiled list of sellers on here of who to avoid? I know on some of the 501st forums there’s lists and reasons. Obviously being therpf there’s a LOT more than specific SW stuff but if there were a list and people thought to look it could save folks a lot of pain.

I also got his number but haven’t called due to not trusting myself to have the composure to know the proper things to say. However he actually did finally refund me HALF of what he owes me. I’ve sent messages waiting for the rest but geez even that felt like pulling teeth from a raging horse.

Is there a compiled list of sellers on here of who to avoid? I know on some of the 501st forums there’s lists and reasons. Obviously being therpf there’s a LOT more than specific SW stuff but if there were a list and people thought to look it could save folks a lot of pain.
His go to excuse is that he has no car .

There is a thread in the off topic subforum called “how many times have you been scammed?”
I just bumped it for you, it should stay on the first page until you find it.
For a multitude of reasons the RPF doesn’t want a public thread calling out scammers, but there is a thread where you can vent about your situation.

My chapter of this issue is finally over at least. He finally refunded me the second half he owed me. Real shame it all went the way it did. But at least now I can wash my hands of it and move on. Though the experience has made me wary of doing business with even the most vetted prop makers.
Congratulations on getting your money back! I can't even contact him anymore to request it. :( It really is sad. He's got the tools and he's got the talent, but he just let it all slip away. :(

Congratulations on getting your money back! I can't even contact him anymore to request it. :( It really is sad. He's got the tools and he's got the talent, but he just let it all slip away. :(
Slip is a stretch man lol

My chapter of this issue is finally over at least. He finally refunded me the second half he owed me. Real shame it all went the way it did. But at least now I can wash my hands of it and move on. Though the experience has made me wary of doing business with even the most vetted prop makers.
That’s amazing congrats !

***** effin ****** man, how many scammers, low down dirty people are involved in PropReplicas? I never wanted something so bad than a legit prop replica, but if I had to know I was going through all this, I would have just ponied up the money to contact an actual prop-house to go do it.

This guy, Mario Sarrica and others... what' the hell.

I really wish this page showed up on google when you search "replica prop store" and just had a big ass warning like "these are the current people and their names that make reputable props in a timely manor"

From what it looked like Matt's props were top notch. I mean I e-mailed the guy back in July to ask him about Mario Sarrica Jr., he replied and said he had sold a lot of props to people who would re-sell them, and why he tried to get out of doing kits anymore and just a few commissions.

I also don't understand how you could be broke by charging 3500$ for something that took 3-5 months to make... that's literally just enjoying 3500$ to either rush and do a weekend or two of work or maybe 30 minutes a day to complete it.

Either way, **** all these people and their scams and excuses. If you can't do it, then don't take the money, and if you can then do it in a timely manor or what you quoted.

I think from now on at most I'll say "here's 25% show me progress and we can send more funds at the next milestone meeting"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back