What’s Everyone Working on During C19 Quarantine?

The film industry is shut down, so among other things like yard work, I took a 3D Obi-Wan lightsaber kit I had bought and replaced a few key components with metal parts that I made.
Working on a Hellboy Samaritan now.

Attachments

• IMG_5748.jpg
    IMG_5748.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5749.jpg
    IMG_5749.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Took a break from my saber since I'm waiting on parts from tcss anyway...

Now I have a garage in my garage!
Good place to keep my 79 ford RC I'm building in tribute to my pop.
20200419_161035.jpg
The garage was actually brilliantly included in the purchase of another RC truck I have. Its actually printed on the inside of the box!
Welcome to my other nerdy hobby lol

Gonna start shifting my time to focus on more prep time for my Metal Iron Man helmet I picked up..

^ (aka: sanding, sanding and sanding!) haha

Decent price.. (a bit big, but I also have a small head, I also never plan to wear it for cosplay or anything)

I plan on adding my HUD system to it once that ever gets completed too! LOL

HUD:

-------------------------------

My 'BarBot' (not prop related) project is going good..

Finally got it assembled enough so its standing on its own.. all measurements and spacing of components is set-up:

all individual stuff is working.. and most has been merged together in firmware already.. some more to do though.
As well as add touchscreen, complete admin dashboard (ingredients and recipes).. and then securing things on the back side as intended.

** Which is my -take- on the old Inebriator project: (their v1, not their awesome v2 variant) [not my project to be clear]

Last edited:
Very impressive everyone!

My backburner California Lockdown project is my Ser Barristan Selmy costume.

Finished the sword the other day. It's my first attempt at working with foam. Very happy with how it turned out.

FBAyaRu.jpg

AtMBEFW.jpg

I work at Disneyland. Now there's talk of us not reopening until 2021. Currently I'm furloughed at half pay.

Took a break from my saber since I'm waiting on parts from tcss anyway...

Now I have a garage in my garage!
Good place to keep my 79 ford RC I'm building in tribute to my pop.
View attachment 1288636
The garage was actually brilliantly included in the purchase of another RC truck I have. Its actually printed on the inside of the box!
Welcome to my other nerdy hobby lol

that is awesome!! what’s even cooler is the tribute to your dad.

i come from a big ford family, I can appreciate this

Thanks. Its been a long, long term project. I miss camping in that truck. Worst part is I dont know where it is today. (Maybe thats why I bought my own 2019 f150, exactly 40 years after his was made, and I take my family camping now.)

Scratch built a graflex style lever as a kill key today.
20200427_223817.jpg

Did you go with a rectangular shape or trapezoidal box? I have all the materials, but still cant decide which box shape to choose. Did you follow the blue prints that have been going around or your own research? Thanks
I did a trapezoidal box based on the blueprints i had seen here and on TDH forums. It turned out ok i think!

Not a prop, but I cleaned my garage! No, seriously, I cleaned out years of clutter. I rearranged my pegboard. I added some hooks and now all my squares and rulers are in one spot. All my hand saws have a spot, and everything fit nicely. I am proud to say that this is what I have been working on.

Oh, and do you see that worktop?? well, this is the first time in YEARS!

Attachments

• IMG_6734.jpg
    IMG_6734.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 64
I just finished restoring a Classic Phaser II for a fellow Board member that goes out in the mail today (missing trigger to be added by the owner). I believe that this may be an ATL Phaser. I could be wrong.

967C95C5-5268-4904-B7AE-51A1E1F8FCEE.jpeg

I also finished a “Jewelorama Tricorder” converted from some parts of an old broken MR Tricorder (received as a pile of broken and scratched pieces in a box) and other parts I’ve gathered, over the years. I’ve always regarded this version as the Medical Tricorder.

B4AF2A4E-A17D-4EAB-AF0E-DDD386D76699.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful Alley! I agree with you on the tric. The fact that a similar jewelarama effect was used on the medical scanner has made me curious as to whether or not this was supposed to be a medical Tricorder.

I have been working on the Luke Skywalker ANH belt and pouches. Made a new pattern for the Warner and Swasey case with the help from a forum member that owns an original. I also finally made patterns for the Swedish double ammo pouch and the belt. The buckle is a Tandy Leather buckle blank that has been laser engraved to imitate the marks on the original buckle. Next on the list is to rework the M95 pouch pattern that I made a few years ago.
Luke Skywalker ANH Belt.jpg

Been working on my old iron man statue and upgrading his helmet. I was browsing my CNC files and noticed a scaling error in the original helmet. I decided to 3D print the helmet this time instead of doing it on the CNC. It will now have pan/tilt face detection and added some servos on his mask.

For any tech nerds that are curious, I am using a jetson nano with a pi camera and dynamixel servos.

im_2.jpg
stark.jpg
neck.jpg
20200410_010813.jpg

from my old build. The helmet was off scale (CNC error)
im.PNG

When the stay at home order was first started, I finished my GOT Stark chair from the last season.

chair.jpg

Stay creative everyone!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back