What’s Everyone Working on During C19 Quarantine?

A quick project just giving more accuracy and weathering to an AW kit of A180. Still some work to do but like most of us, I got some time now...

IMG_1144.jpeg
60752351761__88EC5AE1-21CE-479E-BB43-37C39D727864.jpeg
IMG_1142.jpeg

I've just finished a Luke ANH Graflex using one of Khal's beautiful hilts, Roy's ANH kit and one of Roman's red buttons. After a lot of deliberating, I decided to go with this clamp box configuration. I'm not happy with the stamping on the clamp bar so may redo later.

Attachments

• IMG_E0503 (2).JPG
    IMG_E0503 (2).JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 112
  • ANH.PNG
    ANH.PNG
    245.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_E0507.JPG
    IMG_E0507.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • ANH1.PNG
    ANH1.PNG
    683.3 KB · Views: 111
I might start on some prop projects or my perfect grade Falcon.

Last week my son said he wanted a dragon eye, so I whipped out the dremel and some diamond bits and carved a rock. Was something new to do.

Attachments

• 1A05C64A-6B85-47DF-A5C2-F480A0AFCEF2.jpeg
    1A05C64A-6B85-47DF-A5C2-F480A0AFCEF2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
just made out of boredom a short vid of my prop collection (entirely made from scratch). The last pieces I finished this month were the Awesome Mix tape and Two Face coin. Greetings from Switzerland
I’m looking for a two face coin? Any ideas of screen accurate Coins ?

I'm building one of the old MPC X-wing kits. After 40+ years the plastic is so stiff and brittle it's being a bit of a nightmare. One of the laser cannons was broken and I'm trying to fix it but it's been resisting me for a couple of days now... agrrh!
MPCxwing.jpg

Decided it was a good time to get out some old projects and fix some damaged pai twork on my dredd helmet.
Some of the paint hadn't cured correctly and had softened and come into contact with a polythene sheet and transferred the texture into the paintwork while it was in storage.
Out with the wet and dry sandpaper and time to repaint and colour match.

20200409-174459.jpg

20200409-174511.jpg

Cramming some new stuff...
20200130_183156.jpg

Into an old thing...
20191222_111219~2.jpg

20191222_111250~2.jpg

Shes an old gal of a TCSS MHS I have been working on and off for almost 10 years and still never installed a sound board despite having a petite crouton 3.0 sitting around...
Got some TCSS gift cards for xmas and decided its time to finally treat the lady right with a CFX neopixel installation.

Not prop related...

but making some progress (finally) on my automated drink maker (barbot)

Finally done with the mechanical side of the servo stuff.. and integrated it into the web interface (so now the stepper and servo stuff is working together... next up finaly testing of the pressurized 'mixer' output system)..

* still lots more to do:

And also working on a project for a buddy to make a custom ('slim line") tail light with integrated blinkers..

Got the code/firmware done.. (slowly) working on the custom PCB portion as time permits.

Normal:

Scrolling:

As all of my materials and machinery are locked in my workshop (landlord closed the building due to quarantine) i decided to only took all my leather and leatherworking tools home as this kind of work is much "cleaner" than other craft types, so the only things that i can do now - are the leather goods.

Finished couple of Hellboy Belts and 5 Plague Doctor masks (4 of which already sold).

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_9724(1).jpg

X13z85VlomM.jpg

nPdfeut9NZM.jpg

I have materials left for couple belts and few masks - after this I will be reading a books and watching YouTube, as leathercraft supply shops are also closed ))

Last edited:
I'm working .
7 - 5.30, Monday to Thursday, although today is a public holiday.

I've moved into a new place following my divorce, so I'm gradually getting that and myself together.
Currently working on my final cut-away saber. This last build is a Luke ANH version.
Pics up when it's finished.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back