What’s Everyone Working on During C19 Quarantine?

This is the next project I’m on at the moment
E40576B1-1568-42F9-AA0E-50DCD1289C3A.jpeg

layer after layer after layer of paint

I pulled a long stalled project out of a box today. 2 years ago, I started building a replica of the classic Trek Zeta Communicator with exposed 1960’s circuits from “Patterns of Force” but then pulled the circuits out and built a regular Zeta replica.

Both the Epsilon and Zeta communicator were used in this famous shot (Epsilon is in Spock’s hands).

702E381F-1082-438B-9048-8A59BED35E65.jpeg

I was able to finally obtain an accurate, and rare, kydex back shell with no screw dimples, which is necessary in order to create an accurate Epsilon Communicator, and an accurate Epsilon moire ring. I’ll otherwise be using most of the parts from a Dennis Stines Alpha Communicator Kit as the base.

I’ll be using the salvaged circuit board I originally built for my abandoned Zeta project to finish this one as it appeared in the famous episode.
E7238E0B-4A99-4367-B334-F3384E1EAFAE.jpeg

Last edited:
I have spent years creeping down into the cellar and working on stuff when the wife goes out to gym and the kids go to work.
Hiding things in stacks of boxes when they are around. Only displaying things in my office at work after I sneak them out.
The cellars definitely on lockdown now and the office is closed.
C19 has had a very different impact on me than could globally be predicted. :oops:

I am a retail rep for Apple, started working from home Thursday, recently finished these, and currently gathering parts for a (non- screen accurate macros

Attachments

• 20200228_171803.jpg
    20200228_171803.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 133
  • 20200321_202436.jpg
    20200321_202436.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 140
  • 20200327_160041.jpg
    20200327_160041.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 132
I finished up a little Tusken commission for a good friend. It's a Godzilla kit

__1FA325DD-5417-461F-81FD-6897A9537442_zpszphunlq9.jpg

__833E7F94-DC00-49B4-B683-FAC5AB9A9EA6_zps4biupauw.jpg

__574670D2-D2AB-4E26-A41F-5533360B35A5_zps8ypgzmtu.jpg

__56759E8B-B2C1-44BE-948D-B01D4B962F49_zpsdadb0tlq.jpg

And I rearranged my display case, my small display case

IMG_4468_zpsuhesfnki.jpg

IMG_4467_zps7bf119ab.jpg

IMG_4466_zps3cz5ef7n.jpg

IMG_4465_zpsgtystbff.jpg

Waiting for a blaster stand to arrive for the Greedo DT-12

IMG_4464_zpsbqjiqq09.jpg

After working on the new Tusken, I'd like to make a few changes to my wraps on mine. With being locked down it's nice to finish up some stuff and touch ups to other props. Stay Safe everyone!

Busy with CFX sound board code / dev but side projects are (finally) getting a quick thanks to quarantine, since commute has been reduced to go downstairs in the shop... everyday.
- Started : BTTF flux capacitor, CAD, modeling, 3D printing, replicating parts going on (just created a thread about it)
- Trying to complete : Millenium Falcon coffee table for the HC room. It's been going on for a year, will probably make a complete thread about it now that it's going toward completion
- GPS powered Speedometer as Flux Capacitor companion
- More laser cutting work upcoming as I'm finally getting my laser cutter, should be there on tuesday

I finished up a little Tusken commission for a good friend. It's a Godzilla kit

View attachment 1280782

View attachment 1280783

View attachment 1280784

View attachment 1280785

And I rearranged my display case, my small display case

View attachment 1280786

View attachment 1280787

View attachment 1280788

View attachment 1280789

Waiting for a blaster stand to arrive for the Greedo DT-12

View attachment 1280790

After working on the new Tusken, I'd like to make a few changes to my wraps on mine. With being locked down it's nice to finish up some stuff and touch ups to other props. Stay Safe everyone!
Love the Tuskan raider build

During our quarantine I am doing home repairs mostly. Backsplash in the kitchen, sanding and staining a kitchen table. When I can sneak away from the kids and wife I try to do some sanding of a couple 3D printed helmets (clonetrooper, mando and a shoretrooper), or modeling of Leia's lightsaber and the damaged fallen order lightsaber.

I’m a firefighter/EMT, so nothing has really changed for me, except my wife is working from home and so are the kids (school work). Not much time for props. But over the weekend I replaced the valve assembly in the upstairs shower which had stopped working. And while I was at it I replaced the tub spout and shower head, too. Yay!

Thanks for your service and bravery at this time!

finished processing some scan data. First pass at a museum prop replica jedi small pouch. Can't find any of the larger ones to buy and scan so this is it.
smallpouch_mr.jpg

I haven't done any prop work in over 4 years, but I am working on the '39 Ford Deluxe Coupe that I inherited from Dad last year. It has almost 72,000 miles on it. The fenders had been repainted in the past, but the paint on the body is original.

In the past couple of weeks, I've rebuilt the carb and replaced the spark plugs. I removed the running boards yesterday. I have a new old stock set of running boards for it. Dad had bought them 50 years ago. They're not perfect, but they're in great shape when compared to the original ones.

Gotta replace both water pumps, one is almost 100% seized up. It won't be an easy task. The water pumps also act as front engine mounts.

TUlW9Xi.jpg

qzIjfIG.jpg

BEAUTIFUL CAR Scott D!!! :D (y)

I also want it to be known that I am the lucky owner of the Godzilla Tusken mask, that my very good friend HB1098S (Chad) has so beautifully finished for me. I have said frequently that I am a very slow builder.... & that's a gross understatement, at best. I began the build on it months ago, with encouragement from Chad (which I'm extremely appreciative of). However, I was not having fun with the raw hide (glues & I are close to being mortal enemies). & my slow build, slowed even more. It was at this point, knowing that this build could stretch into absurdity, that he graciously accepted the commission to complete the build. & oh my God, am I happy he did!!! This mask has turned out WAY better than anything I would've been able to achieve with it otherwise!!
Thank you Chad!!!!

I have several projects going, simultaneously. I’m sure I’m going to overload and end up with a pile of “partially finished” projects that I’ll nibble at over the coming months.

Last night, I started on a pair of ANH DH-17’s.

F032BB1E-6F4A-4B6C-9F93-8C32766DDD25.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice Alley! Are those Field marshal kits?

The resin base rifle casts are, I believe, from an older run here on the RPF (someone please pipe in with the name of the maker, if you know them...I want to say JediFather but I could be wrong)The single point scopes are from Field Marshall.

I haven't done any prop work in over 4 years, but I am working on the '39 Ford Deluxe Coupe that I inherited from Dad last year. It has almost 72,000 miles on it. The fenders had been repainted in the past, but the paint on the body is original.

In the past couple of weeks, I've rebuilt the carb and replaced the spark plugs. I removed the running boards yesterday. I have a new old stock set of running boards for it. Dad had bought them 50 years ago. They're not perfect, but they're in great shape when compared to the original ones.

Gotta replace both water pumps, one is almost 100% seized up. It won't be an easy task. The water pumps also act as front engine mounts.

Beautiful looking car! My father in law had a '39 Dodge panel van that he used for is liquor distributing business.. very fitting, unfortunately he sold it years ago. The best thing about working on cars (mechanically, I don't touch body work!) from this era is that it's so intuitive, relatively easy, and just plain ol' fun.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back