Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

Re: Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

Oh man, candy apple red double emitter awesomeness by applefish, Monk's chrome art deco beauty, The Bos (terrific logo too!), so many fantastic imaginative gun variants!

:cry

Can I start again :confused

Re: Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS

Just sent out the last of the confirmation emails. If you submitted an entry and have NOT received a confirmation email at this point, please let me know ASAP!

Just as a note... our entry count is 50 weapons!

Got my confirmation today :thumbsup

Thanks again to Weta and Art for this contest :thumbsup

I only hope there will be more than 50 entries , ' cause all I see until now is so beautifull and awesome ( light, sound, weathering , etc...) and I would like to see more of this !!!

Aetherometricus and Quatermass, thank you very much for your comments !

Good luck everybody!

I'll add to the chorus and say 'thank you' to Art and Weta for organising this contest, though I'm sure the really hard part is only just beginning!!!

I didn't want to start picking sides, but, Munk Marvelous... I think your design is outstanding.

Good luck to everyone who managed to get an entry in.

Do we know what the time frame is now for the judging process and more importantly, when can we see all the entries?!!!

minifig

50 entries??? Thats actually a pretty good amount. That also means only a fraction have posted pics. COME ON PEOPLE!!!! SHOW OFF YOUR STUFF!!!! Everything posted so far is awesome and i want to see more cool guns. Congrads to all, they ALL ROCK!!!

What only 50 and there was over 200 sold. Bad show!!

Considering the sale of the Naked Bisons were essentially public, and considering that some collectors might consider this a bit of a collectors item, have 25% actually be entered into the contest isn't too bad in terms of percentages.

Would we have liked to see more entries? Sure, but I'll tell you now, I am SOOOO glad I am not a judge for this contest, becasue there are so many that are simply amazing, I don't think I could choose just two. I don't know that I could choose even 5.

Considering the sale of the Naked Bisons were essentially public, and considering that some collectors might consider this a bit of a collectors item...
...and considering that some people farther back in this thread bought a crate full on their own, to mash into a single monster gun...

:cool

Just sent out the last of the confirmation emails. If you submitted an entry and have NOT received a confirmation email at this point, please let me know ASAP!

Just as a note... our entry count is 50 weapons!

Even though I just squeaked under the wire with my completed entry, I still have plans on adding a dueling case with accessories to compliment the conversion. Just doesn't really feel Grordbort without it. Thank you Zombie Killer for getting a thread started to keep creative fires going. HAZZAH !!!

Ok folks, this is probably my third post on the RPF, though I've been lurking around for almost a year now. Let's see if I can load in some pictures properly:Did it work?
NIce work Jesse! Nice website also, you have some pretty cool builds there.

Just a note... we will have all of the contestants and their entries posted on Tuesday 09/06.

Ok folks, this is probably my third post on the RPF, though I've been lurking around for almost a year now. Let's see if I can load in some pictures properly:

7441-created-dr-grordbort-contest.jpg

Did it work?

Yes.

(Oh my gods yes!!)

And you have now inspired me to repaint my entry at a later date in this colour and then add rust.

What paint did you use???

Thanks for the compliments. Most of my "artwork" is making use of 'found objects' and recycled materials. I used this technique here as well. The secret to chrome paint is to use the right chrome paint (I used allclad airbrush paint) over a purely smooth mirror finish black. If you can get a glass smooth black, the allclad makes it chrome up real nice. If you have texture in it, though, it won't look any better than rattle can silver. In this case I used catalyzed automotive clear coat over black primer. But, don't everybody go all chrome crazy now. Use it in moderation.

Can't have enough chrome though, remember REAL cars from the '20's thru the '50's?

Thanks Art and Weta, great contest though I'm surprised at only 50 completed entries. They won't have so many to go through which'll make it easier and tougher to pick the winners. I wouldn't be able to easily.

Great tips, Munk Marvelous! Bring on the chrome!

Hello all - I know all entries will be displayed next tuesday but like a big kid I couldn't wait to show you "The Arcane Berkshire Longhorn" - so here she is....

BerkshireShortHorn0.jpg

BerkshireShortHorn1.jpg

BerkshireShortHorn2.jpg

BerkshireShorthorn3quarters.jpg

There been some jaw-dropping entries so far - hats off to you all!

Crikey the arcane berkshire shorthorn is beautiful :) and I love the background story. Top marks.

Last edited:

50 entries??? Thats actually a pretty good amount. That also means only a fraction have posted pics. COME ON PEOPLE!!!! SHOW OFF YOUR STUFF!!!! Everything posted so far is awesome and i want to see more cool guns. Congrads to all, they ALL ROCK!!!

UNFORTUNATELY mine is still sitting in a few dozen pieces along with all the extra parts I gathered. Just ran out of time REALLY quickly myself. Nut I've had a great time following the thread and seeing what everyone's up to.

Still going to finish mine- though obviously not in time for the contest. The TFK" (Tooth Fairy Killer), as I'm calling it runs solely on baby teeth and will" feature a lot of hand bent pyrex tubing, an electrode firing system and hopefully a worthy paint job.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back