Weta - Dr Grordbort's Custom Raygun Contest! - SHOW OFF YOUR CONCEPTS AND DESIGNS!

what id like to know is....

if the 100 mark is not met are we still gonna get charged and shipped the kits? and if so, is the contest no longer going to happen? cause that would be disappointing. though i still wouldnt mind getting the kit, but if the contest is off due to the 100 mark not met id be sad.

so r there only 100 slots open?

No. There is not an upper limit for entries, but Weta had to get 100 orders to make this workable as this is a custom order with their mass manufacturer.

We have indeed passed the 100 mark which means this contest is a definite go! Thanks to everyone for stepping up to the plate and ensuring this happens!

Art

I created my account with the same login name as I have here except without the underscores, so hopefully you guys see my name on the list and know it's me.

AWESOME CONTEST!!! I pre-ordered two, one for my brother to do, and one for me.

I am going out this weekend to start getting parts I want. And I am even doing some custom stuff that I cannot wait to start on.

what id like to know is....

if the 100 mark is not met are we still gonna get charged and shipped the kits? and if so, is the contest no longer going to happen? cause that would be disappointing. though i still wouldnt mind getting the kit, but if the contest is off due to the 100 mark not met id be sad.

Hi okiwan

Thanks for joining in. Entries are well over 200 already and increasing by the day, so the competition is on !

Thanks for entering

Cheers

Tim

Is anyone able to try at this contest? I am a student and might not have time but I would love to participate. I will pre-order at the end of the week because I am a novice at prop building and would rather someone experienced get my slot in the top 100.

Hi ashydock

Anyone can join in the competition. You are very welcome.

Don't worry about your level of experience. Just get excited and make stuff.

Please order before 31 March, as I need to confirm numbers for production on that day.

cheers

Tim

I'm wondering .. 25$ shipped to Canada .. how big is the box for this thing?! Seems like a lot considering shipping is free to US. We're so doomed here in the northern hemisphere .. urgg!

Sorry Bigturc

I understand what you mean. We sympathise with our friends in Canada

Unfortunately these are the actual shipping costs for sending items north of the border.

Kind regards

Tim

thanks for answering!
awesome news, over 200 already! wow :eek
this really is going to be a contest.

no time to waste, must start designing....

Can we create a virtual model of the raygun once we recieve it and do our customizing in that realm? Or does it have to be a physical prototype?

I'm still unable to preorder a Nude Righteous Bison. I've emailed their customer support, so hope to have this fixed soon. If I can't get this fixed, can someone in Central Florida grab one for me?
Thanks, Jeff

Can we create a virtual model of the raygun once we recieve it and do our customizing in that realm? Or does it have to be a physical prototype?

Im pretty sure it needs to be physical... but you could do a model and then print out the parts if you have a 3D printer..

Got one pre-ordered. Funny thing is got my brother and father interested in the contest and they pre-ordered as well. This is going to be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back