Westworld (HBO)

Interesting read here, and kind of goes with what I’ve been feeling the last couple of episodes.

I feel like Dolores has been seeing that humans, in this world, are really no different than the hosts were in Westworld. They’re unknowingly controlled by one thing that keeps them in their loops, just like the Hosts were.

I’ve kind of felt that her plan to destroy Rehoboam is, in essence, a plan to free humans from what’s controlling them, just as she set out to free the Hosts.

Nah, that scene was from the future.

It’s an extremely similar room to what we saw James Delos getting tested for “fidelity” in.

William even says to her something along the lines of “I’m already in it, aren’t I?”

She responds “No, the system is long gone.”

While I have no doubt the William in that scene is in fact a host, one they’re doing the same type of testing on that they were doing to James Delos, I have not seen nor read anything compelling enough to say that it’s the same William we are seeing in episodes of the show throughout these three seasons.

Think about it, you answered your own question when you posed it...if there are two Williams, why would one feel any guilt for something that the other one did?

Or maybe it was just a delusion like seeing his daughter?

Was his daughter a host in season 2? I thought she was real and he really killed her thinking she was a host.

Episode 5 was my least favorite so far. It seems so disjointed and cobbled together, switching back and forth between Deloris and Caleb’s antics and Serac narrating his life’s story. And why did Ash and Giggles show up? It seemed like their characters weren’t needed. And the whole genre trip was just weird... but I guess it was supposed to be. Also, how could a skinny old man (Serac) kill people with his bare hands so easily? Doesn’t anyone fight back but just let their face get slammed into an airplane wing over and over? And if I got some random pop up on my phone telling me my life was a waste and I was going to kill myself in 2 years I’d probably laugh rather than go on a rampage. These people are pretty fragile.

Okay, I'm lost and pissed off. I have no idea what is going other than people getting killed, which is what Westworld does very well, but I don't see the story moving forward any and it is all very confusing. I haven't really been happy with Westworld since they left the west, they really should change the name of the show since it isn't Westworld anymore. I'm pissed off because there are only 3 episodes left in the season and I don't see anyway everything will be resolved by then which means we will have to wait another couples of years for season 4. I just don't get why we have to wait multiple years for each season and are getting less and less episodes in those seasons. At this rate season 4 will have 6, season 5 will have 4 and by the time they get to season 7 there won't be any episodes at all.

Episode 5 was my least favorite so far. It seems so disjointed and cobbled together, switching back and forth between Deloris and Caleb’s antics and Serac narrating his life’s story. And why did Ash and Giggles show up? It seemed like their characters weren’t needed. And the whole genre trip was just weird... but I guess it was supposed to be. Also, how could a skinny old man (Serac) kill people with his bare hands so easily? Doesn’t anyone fight back but just let their face get slammed into an airplane wing over and over? And if I got some random pop up on my phone telling me my life was a waste and I was going to kill myself in 2 years I’d probably laugh rather than go on a rampage. These people are pretty fragile.

Not my favorite episode either, but two things...

1. I’m going to guess not many billionaire/trillionaire hedge fund guys are very skilled in the art of self defense.

2. If that pop up on your phone had information about your life...ALL of the information about your life...from birth to present...that was ALL 100% accurate...I’m going to guess you wouldn’t just laugh it off.

Okay, I'm lost and pissed off. I have no idea what is going other than people getting killed, which is what Westworld does very well, but I don't see the story moving forward any and it is all very confusing. I haven't really been happy with Westworld since they left the west, they really should change the name of the show since it isn't Westworld anymore. I'm pissed off because there are only 3 episodes left in the season and I don't see anyway everything will be resolved by then which means we will have to wait another couples of years for season 4. I just don't get why we have to wait multiple years for each season and are getting less and less episodes in those seasons. At this rate season 4 will have 6, season 5 will have 4 and by the time they get to season 7 there won't be any episodes at all.

Going to be honest...and I don’t mean this to be rude...but what is confusing? This has been, by far, the most straight forward season of this series. It is the first time I haven’t watched episodes twice to look for little clues, because the story is being told in a linear fashion that is much easier to follow than the previous two seasons.

Also, it was almost two years between 1 and 2 because they had to wait and see if it was renewed/picked up. Season 2 was out last march, so it's only been a year which is typical. That said, with everything going on, 3 could very well be 2 years out though. Depends on when they normally shoot.

Wasn't confusing either. Dolores is moving on with her plan, Serac is moving on with his (and lost some ground last night) and in order to understand his sad we got some back story. Ash and Giggles were brought in to help them potentially fight back, but dolores had it under control. Back up is never a bad idea.

The people probably ARE weak. They've had their lives run for them from the get go. We saw enough info to fit on a phone screen, but there was more than just that. There's probably a bit of a leap there. Everyone likely doesn't believe it immediately, but when EVERYONE got it and Everyone's past and present was dead on accurate - and everyone starts to realize it, yeah, they'll freak. The future is what was going to happen as well. Now with the @#%$ hitting the fan, all bets are off.

I think it's setting up as who's worse? Serac wanting to wipe out everyone he deems undesirable (the non 1% ers more or less it seems) or Dolores supposedly wanting to get rid of them all?

Also, it was almost two years between 1 and 2 because they had to wait and see if it was renewed/picked up. Season 2 was out last march, so it's only been a year which is typical. That said, with everything going on, 3 could very well be 2 years out though. Depends on when they normally shoot.

Wasn't confusing either. Dolores is moving on with her plan, Serac is moving on with his (and lost some ground last night) and in order to understand his sad we got some back story. Ash and Giggles were brought in to help them potentially fight back, but dolores had it under control. Back up is never a bad idea.

The people probably ARE weak. They've had their lives run for them from the get go. We saw enough info to fit on a phone screen, but there was more than just that. There's probably a bit of a leap there. Everyone likely doesn't believe it immediately, but when EVERYONE got it and Everyone's past and present was dead on accurate - and everyone starts to realize it, yeah, they'll freak. The future is what was going to happen as well. Now with the @#%$ hitting the fan, all bets are off.

I think it's setting up as who's worse? Serac wanting to wipe out everyone he deems undesirable (the non 1% ers more or less it seems) or Dolores supposedly wanting to get rid of them all?

Agree with all of this...

...but...

Season 2 was in 2018.

Well then I guess it is just me. As I have said more than once, for me this it is not Westworld anymore and perhaps I don't want to understand it.

The series of films Westworld was a part of eventually left the park and they started to replace people with robots in the real world. So the series right now is basically a new interpretation of the 1976 film Futureworld with Peter Fonda.

So far I have mostly enjoyed this season. I don't know if any of you guys watched Person of Interest, but this last episode may have connected the two worlds. There have been a few moments where they felt the same to me here and there, but this season has felt a lot more like POI than I expected it to. Elias, or a character played by the same actor from POI, was shown in a very quick shot.

Jonathan Nolan created POI and once this computer "God" was mentioned my first thought was The Machine from Person of Interest. Or the rival Ai.

All through season 1 and 2 I kept waiting to see how the outside world would be portrayed. I'm still not certain this isn't all a simulation this season.

The series of films Westworld was a part of eventually left the park and they started to replace people with robots in the real world. So the series right now is basically a new interpretation of the 1976 film Futureworld with Peter Fonda.

So far I have mostly enjoyed this season. I don't know if any of you guys watched Person of Interest, but this last episode may have connected the two worlds. There have been a few moments where they felt the same to me here and there, but this season has felt a lot more like POI than I expected it to. Elias, or a character played by the same actor from POI, was shown in a very quick shot.

Jonathan Nolan created POI and once this computer "God" was mentioned my first thought was The Machine from Person of Interest. Or the rival Ai.

All through season 1 and 2 I kept waiting to see how the outside world would be portrayed. I'm still not certain this isn't all a simulation this season.

I knew that Jonathan Nolan had created POI, and I really liked that show, but it never even thought about The Machine from POI until you mentioned it. There was also the rival machine in the last 2 seasons of POI that they were fighting against that was a lot like the machine in Westworld.

Not my favorite episode either, but two things...

1. I’m going to guess not many billionaire/trillionaire hedge fund guys are very skilled in the art of self defense.

2. If that pop up on your phone had information about your life...ALL of the information about your life...from birth to present...that was ALL 100% accurate...I’m going to guess you wouldn’t just laugh it off.

But I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t go on a killing rampage.

And you don’t have to be skilled in self defense to push an old man to the ground. I’m not and I don’t think someone would be able to grab me behind the head and slam it into something.

Last edited:
Well I'll start off by saying this season "seems" straightforward. My Bet is that there will be a twist at the end that makes us rethink what we saw - very much like the first season. My bet is that large portions of this season will be "projections" or simulations happening within Rehoboam, and we'll rewatch the season again after learning the twist to figure out what "really" happened and when :). Which is exactly what I did on season 1.

Jedi Dade

Yes its a bit unbelievable on its face, but its is a fact that when a person is surprised they hesitate, also a fact that after being struck most people also hesitate for 1/2 a second in reaction as the brain tries to sort out what just happened... This is why a "blitz attack" is so effective. Many sudden quick strikes (head smashes) in succession before the brain comprehends what is going on. I know this from many years of martial arts training... your mileage may vary :)

Jedi Dade

How is the park tied to this season 3 world other than the fact that it created some rebellious robots that escaped?

How is the park tied to this season 3 world other than the fact that it created some rebellious robots that escaped?

Other than Bernard going back for a couple of hours and some fake memories implanted in Maeve, none at all. Some people have suggested that everything we have seen so far could be a simulation and they could all still be in the park but we really won't know what is going on until the last 5 minutes of the last episode, at least i hope we find out what is going on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back