Weathering Firefly Tall Cards 'gambling tokens'?

Here's how it was done:

"The original brass Tall Cards from Firefly were weathered with matt black spraypaint and then rubbed down with steel wool."

Phil

<div class='quotetop'>(philippes @ Jun 5 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]1256717[/snapback]</div>
Here's how it was done:

"The original brass Tall Cards from Firefly were weathered with matt black spraypaint and then rubbed down with steel wool."

Phil
[/b]

Thanks dude.

Yes thank you..

I've tried this a little with a couple cards I had here. There seems something of a trick to it. I've had better luck getting a show-ish finish sanding off the gold down to the copper base before hitting it with paint, but it's easy to go too far and take off the detail as well.

Same thing with the paint really. Too much and all the paint comes off and you might as well have not painted 'em. But there's a "just right" part where enough paint remains in the hollows to make the designs stand out.

Anyhow.. it's trickier than it sounds (at least for butterfingers me. :p ) .. so if anyone's making a deck, it'd be worth it to get an extra card or two to practice on.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back