WARNING eBay seller cdydatzigs SCAM

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was surfing eBay for Trek props and came across this Boomerang Phaser. The seller is using a photo of my Master Replicas First Contact Phaser and selling it as a DS9 Boomerang phaser. The button was obviously photoshop'd as well as the LED bar

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Trek-TNG-DS9-Boom...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a comparison pic. My phaser is on top, his phaser is on bottom. It is identicle except for the 2 things he changed.

comparison.jpg

I also did a layer overlay and it matches 100%

Bidders beware.

Jhusel

Yeah, the left side of the trigger button is "soft" on the edge. He's not even that good of a photoshop recaster. :)

If you contact eBay, they're pretty good at pulling auctions that have photo or description text theft.

It's happened to me a couple times, though I've never been badly photoshopped like that. What a jerk... :unsure

He has now changed the image. Odds are he is either a member here or someone here knows him. I only posted this picture here, and posted about his auction here and it is now changed.

I would still be leery buying from someone who tries to sell something using a stolen image and Photoshop'ing it.

Jhusel

What I find amazing is that it probably took less time and effort to snap that picture than it did to photoshop the original image. :rolleyes

I was actually curious as to whether he'd own up or not, so I messaged him and asked if he had any shots of the actual item he was selling... I half expected a "That IS the item...11" reply. I got:

I have updated the image of the auction to a digital photo of the actual prop. I live in a rural suburb of San Diego and do not have a digital camera myself, so I had to call a friend to borrow one this morning. Thank you for your inquiry though, and good luck :)
Regards,
Steve Cramsie
Poway, CA

That is the same reply I got when I asked for a larger picture. I am going to reply and say, "So, if you don't have a camera, then that is NOT a picture of what you are selling?"

Jhusel

Now that you know his name (Steve Cramsie from Poway, CA), maybe the RPF mods
can find out if he is infact a member here and deal with him accordingly.

Originally posted by jhusel@Jan 12 2006, 10:25 AM
He has now changed the image.  Odds are he is either a member here or someone here knows him.  I only posted this picture here, and posted about his auction here and it is now changed.

I would still be leery buying from someone who tries to sell something using a stolen image and Photoshop'ing it.

Jhusel
[snapback]1157152[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back