WARNING eBay seller cdydatzigs SCAM

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by jhusel, Jan 11, 2006.

1. jhusel

jhusel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was surfing eBay for Trek props and came across this Boomerang Phaser. The seller is using a photo of my Master Replicas First Contact Phaser and selling it as a DS9 Boomerang phaser. The button was obviously photoshop'd as well as the LED bar

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Trek-TNG-DS9-Boom...1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a comparison pic. My phaser is on top, his phaser is on bottom. It is identicle except for the 2 things he changed.

[​IMG]

I also did a layer overlay and it matches 100%

Bidders beware.

Jhusel

2. pyxl

pyxl Well-Known Member

Yeah, the left side of the trigger button is "soft" on the edge. He's not even that good of a photoshop recaster. :)

3. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for the warning on that scumbag.

4. WinstonWolf359

WinstonWolf359 Sr Member

If you contact eBay, they're pretty good at pulling auctions that have photo or description text theft.

It's happened to me a couple times, though I've never been badly photoshopped like that. What a jerk... :unsure

5. jhusel

He has now changed the image. Odds are he is either a member here or someone here knows him. I only posted this picture here, and posted about his auction here and it is now changed.

I would still be leery buying from someone who tries to sell something using a stolen image and Photoshop'ing it.

Jhusel

6. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

What I find amazing is that it probably took less time and effort to snap that picture than it did to photoshop the original image. :rolleyes

7. JoMamma_Smurf

JoMamma_Smurf Master Member

What a jackass.......

8. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

I was actually curious as to whether he'd own up or not, so I messaged him and asked if he had any shots of the actual item he was selling... I half expected a "That IS the item...11" reply. I got:

I have updated the image of the auction to a digital photo of the actual prop. I live in a rural suburb of San Diego and do not have a digital camera myself, so I had to call a friend to borrow one this morning. Thank you for your inquiry though, and good luck :)
    Regards,
    Steve Cramsie
    Poway, CA

9. jhusel

That is the same reply I got when I asked for a larger picture. I am going to reply and say, "So, if you don't have a camera, then that is NOT a picture of what you are selling?"

Jhusel

10. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Now that you know his name (Steve Cramsie from Poway, CA), maybe the RPF mods
    can find out if he is infact a member here and deal with him accordingly.