WARNING: Do not buy from this seller on EBAY

Also, I don't know anything at all about fiberglass applications, but does anybody else think this looks more like foam?
I think it looks more like crap. Seriously, that’s one rough piece of work. If it looks that bad in the picture, it will look *worse* in person!

So, it's not just me. I've filed a report with Paypal and they have locked his account while they investigate. He is begging and pleading and promising, but honestly, if he can't make the leg look right, what chance does he have with the chest plates or the gauntlets? On the upside, I do have his phone number now.

So, it's not just me. I've filed a report with Paypal and they have locked his account while they investigate. He is begging and pleading and promising, but honestly, if he can't make the leg look right, what chance does he have with the chest plates or the gauntlets? On the upside, I do have his phone number now.
It sounds like there might be a way for you to diplomatically walk away from this deal and get your funds back.
My friendly advice would be for you to do just that.
If in the near future he's able to show that he can deliver good quality in a timely manner; then you can always re-discuss the transaction. He'll look good in the process, and you'll end up getting what you want with minimal risks. Win-win.
But until then, getting out of this might be the best thing to do.

Remember, this kind of stuff is never personal. Someone has something to offer, at a cost - you pay the cost - they ship the something. It's as simple as that. If that last part isn't fulfilled; un-pay and walk away.

I hope you'll be able to resolve this in a friendly way.

It sounds like there might be a way for you to diplomatically walk away from this deal and get your funds back.
My friendly advice would be for you to do just that.
If in the near future he's able to show that he can deliver good quality in a timely manner; then you can always re-discuss the transaction. He'll look good in the process, and you'll end up getting what you want with minimal risks. Win-win.
But until then, getting out of this might be the best thing to do.

Remember, this kind of stuff is never personal. Someone has something to offer, at a cost - you pay the cost - they ship the something. It's as simple as that. If that last part isn't fulfilled; un-pay and walk away.

I hope you'll be able to resolve this in a friendly way.
Paypal has refused my inquiry. Since he refunded on the actual auction, they won't give me my money back. So, I'm stuck. I have a feeling that Ebay's money back guarantee won't work either, since he refunded the real auction payment and had me pay him off books. So, my only choice is to sit and wait and probably accept whatever POS suit he sends my way. I've learned a valuable lesson and I think it will be the last time I ever buy on Ebay.

Paypal has refused my inquiry. Since he refunded on the actual auction, they won't give me my money back. So, I'm stuck. I have a feeling that Ebay's money back guarantee won't work either, since he refunded the real auction payment and had me pay him off books. So, my only choice is to sit and wait and probably accept whatever POS suit he sends my way. I've learned a valuable lesson and I think it will be the last time I ever buy on Ebay.
Sorry to hear that :(
We've all learned similar lessons, so we hear ya. Hopefully you'll still be able to resolve this.
Best of luck.

I'm curious why you wouldn't use eBay again?

I'm curious why you wouldn't use eBay again?
I used to earn a living on Ebay and selling was fine. But I've bought a couple of things that were flat out misrepresented, and a couple that never even arrived. One guy sold me a Cubs baseball that he said had a COA from PSA. When it arrived, it was really a letter from his mom about how her sister's kid was at the game and got it signed. Total BS. I have over 6000 positive reviews as a seller and 22 years with only one complaint. There's too many crooks out there unfortunately.

I guess it's just interesting that you went out of the bounds of protection on eBay and no longer want to engage on the platform because of that when it wasn't really eBay's fault.

I guess it's just interesting that you went out of the bounds of protection on eBay and no longer want to engage on the platform because of that when it wasn't really eBay's fault.
They've never ever made anything right. And they don't do enough to keep the crooks off of there. There are people selling under a dozen IDs, each differing by only one digit or so. And people operating with feedback at zero percent. It used to be they would kick you off if you dropped below 75 percent. Now I see people with 160 negative reviews and 0 positive. Come on! LOL

If the money was from a credit card.. go there. Talk to them... tell them your item never arrived.

If it was sent from 'PayPal' funds... your probably screwed then.

But go directly to your card holder and file a complaint.

They've never ever made anything right. And they don't do enough to keep the crooks off of there. There are people selling under a dozen IDs, each differing by only one digit or so. And people operating with feedback at zero percent. It used to be they would kick you off if you dropped below 75 percent. Now I see people with 160 negative reviews and 0 positive. Come on! LOL
Ebay is a publicly traded company + the corporate landscape is evolving faster than Ebay is > problem #1
Ebay's cut on sales has jumped way too high in my opinion, and apparently I'm not alone because a lot of sellers have left > problem #2
Why did Ebay's cut on sales jump so high? Shareholder pressure > problem #3
Sites like Shopify > problem #4

Consequence > in order to maintain the bottom line, Ebay allows people with high negative ratings to remain on. And that kind of contamination usually leads to 2 things: the company's demise, and the emergence of newer, better competition.

I am so sorry this happened to you. This guy is a POS and should be arrested. He's got his same ad right back up on Ebay and already he has 8 watchers. It used to be a lot easier to get rid of the crooks on Ebay. Now it's hard. They don't seem to care.
Please tell me the title of the eBay item for sale I will report him as soon as he knows I found him he always takes it down I will become is worst nightmare...

I spent $600 on materials for my Big Daddy costume and it's made from Rubbermaid garbage cans! Come on people, if it sounds too good to be true....

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back