Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

Yes the main brass body parts are looking really great. Will be very interested if you decide to make some more.

Looking really great, Timelordd! Again, if you end up with extra parts you want to sell off to offset your cost, I'm down.

I have not had that much progress because it had been busy at work but here are some pics of what I have done so far. As you can see I added the middle part to the barrel made out of aluminum and painted it black, I'm also working on the trigger section. Any ideas for the knob that goes in the barrel section?

Thats looking incredible TL!
The trigger button looks like a pipe plug. I've been searching for the trigger "valve" itself for quite a while, but nothing exact has turned up yet.

Howdy, I'm new here, and very interested in this prop. I've already started collecting parts to make my own (but different) Tesla Gun, and the only thing that's throwing me off right now is what to make the grip out of.

Can any of you experienced builders offer some suggestions for what to make the grip out of?

Again, mine is going to be a Tesla Gun, but not a replica. So it doesn't have to be exact, but I like the looks of what the original grip for my project. I feel it really makes the pistol.

So after a month and a half working out of a diffrent shop I get back to find that lockheed martin has an order with us that will take six months to complete and the main machine that is used is the one I use to work on the barrel for the gun...go figure just when I was close to finishing this.

So after a month and a half working out of a diffrent shop I get back to find that lockheed martin has an order with us that will take six months to complete and the main machine that is used is the one I use to work on the barrel for the gun...go figure just when I was close to finishing this.
Depressing news.
Can you sneak the machine home when no one's looking??:love

Just spoke with Andy over at QMX. Their Tesla gun is just days away from releasing. Wow, you thought the farnsworth was pricey, check out what Andy told me;

I have seen it and it's amazing. Every inch is made by hand, machined brass, glass, steel. Even the interiors of the tubes are made by hand. It's a much more complicated prop than the Farnsworth, so I think it's going to be quite a bit more. But it'll be worth it!

:)

- Andy

Booo. =(

I saw the model on Facebook. The model was clean (didn't look worn).

I donno. Aren't they supposed to be coming out with the non-limted edition Farnsworth?

Well we said from the beginning that if QMx came out with a Tesla it was going to be pricey given the cost of its Farnsworth.

What is a bit annoying about much of their stuff though is that it is limited runs. If one doesn't get in early too bad.

Every inch is made by hand, machined brass, glass, steel. Even the interiors of the tubes are made by hand. It's a much more complicated prop than the Farnsworth, so I think it's going to be quite a bit more. But it'll be worth it!

Last edited:
How did I miss that? When was it on Facebook? Is the QMx page not the RPF one?

Booo. =(

I saw the model on Facebook. The model was clean (didn't look worn).

I donno. Aren't they supposed to be coming out with the non-limted edition Farnsworth?

Just saw this thread, didn't read all the way through it, so at the risk of repeating information:"

I'm an old radio collector, so I know a little about tubes...:)

They look to be TV tubes--the stubby one on the back is DEFINITELY a Compactron--used in many 1960s televisions.

The front tube could be a HV rectifier like a 1B3 or something similar, although I don't see a bakelite base on it.

The other in the back looks like a standard 9-pin miniature tube.

Oh, and the white stuff inside? Well, that's where the tube envelope broke and lost its vacuum...something you don't want to see when you're working on an old radio....

Hope some of my ramblings help.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but to me they look like they took the innards of real tubes and put them in acrylic/glass sleeves. I've done electronics work for a few years, and I don't recall seeing tubes that had such a crisp seam on the silver portion. Also, on the front tube you can see that the innards aren't physically connected to the rear of the tube, indicating that the tube we're looking for is actually a shorter tube that's been re-used and modified. Anyone else see what looks like a seam at the edge of the silver on the tubes?

EDIT: I made up this crude diagram to show what I mean.
tubesj.jpg
They used a 7025? AAAAUGH! Audiophiles will be jumping up and down over that one. They're used as preamp tubes in stereos.

A standard 9-pin miniature will work well in its place. Please don't use a 12AX7, though, unless they're known bad tubes--they're worth their weight in gold.

Bill

Welcome to the thread

They look to be TV tubes--the stubby one on the back is DEFINITELY a Compactron--used in many 1960s televisions

Compactron tubes have been brought up in the identification process.

The front tube could be a HV rectifier like a 1B3 or something similar, although I don't see a bakelite base on it.

This has pretty much been identified as a rectifier due to structure but as you can see the "circuitry" has been cut from its base as it's not needed here. It's possible that the glass tube itself is not the original and has been used as a replacement for a broken one. They've simply reused the innards.

The other in the back looks like a standard 9-pin miniature tube.

I have a few now that may fit the bill.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back