Want to crochet your very own Baby Yoda?

Tremas

Master Member
Boredpanda(dot)com has an article, featuring Allison Hoffman's very own take on a yarn Yoda! :)

Looks much better than this one. Seriously, WTF is this thing?
wtf.JPG

Soo, I went ahead & bought the pattern, thinking it'll Be a great Christmas present for my grandson. Sent it to a couple of people that I know crochet, & both said ,"Oh HELL NO!" :lol:

Oh well... The search for skilled labor continues.

So you're saying my 6 year old daughter who just got a kit to learn how for her birthday is not going to be able to make this?

So you're saying my 6 year old daughter who just got a kit to learn how for her birthday is not going to be able to make this?
Lol

Well, not knowing her immediate aptitude for crocheting, I personally taught myself to knit to make a Tom Baker scarf, & how to crochet to make an R2-D2 beanie, & the pattern looks like the Matrix code to me.

I've just never attempted anything nearly this complicated, but a skilled crocheter may laugh at my ineptitude. It was only $7 so it's not anything that'd break the bank. I've spent a LOT more on less productive endeavors.:unsure:

Lol

Well, not knowing her immediate aptitude for crocheting, I personally taught myself to knit to make a Tom Baker scarf, & how to crochet to make an R2-D2 beanie, & the pattern looks like the Matrix code to me.

I've just never attempted anything nearly this complicated, but a skilled crocheter may laugh at my ineptitude. It was only $7 so it's not anything that'd break the bank. I've spent a LOT more on less productive endeavors.:unsure:

well hold onto that cuz Disney has em taken down!

My wife is a grand master of crochet. She said if she has the pattern she can whip it out. Hardest part is getting all the color yarns together.

ouch, pattern is gone. If you have it, send me a copy. Does she give the yarn brands and colors?

My wife is a grand master of crochet. She said if she has the pattern she can whip it out. Hardest part is getting all the color yarns together.

ouch, pattern is gone. If you have it, send me a copy. Does she give the yarn brands and colors?

Add me to the list of “I didn’t see this until it was removed and now I’m kicking myself”. One of my coworkers loves to crochet.
1AEAAA2E-7418-4CCA-B4BB-7549D72388B8.jpeg

I think it's pretty learnable...

Part of me wants to do a Danielle Tosh "Na na na no boo boo - I'm better than you - stick your head in doo doo" and make the Yoda myself...

Cuz I used to watch my ex, and be thinking... "You're just following instructions... how is this not just 3D paint by numbers?"

I'MMA DO IT!

Incoming DM, Usagi Pilgrim

I think it's pretty learnable...

Part of me wants to do a Danielle Tosh "Na na na no boo boo - I'm better than you - stick your head in doo doo" and make the Yoda myself...

Cuz I used to watch my ex, and be thinking... "You're just following instructions... how is this not just 3D paint by numbers?"

I'MMA DO IT!

Incoming DM, Usagi Pilgrim

whoa, becareful young padawan. I’ve watch my gf to wife do it for years. She can do it without looking. She just watches the tv or me play games while she does it. I can not for the life of me pull it off. She says it’s east. If you can do I’ll be impressed. Good luck and I hope to hear you pulled it off. It’s a cool skill, just I’m too much of a spaz to do it.

Well I will have to setup a thread of the creation of Baby Yoda!

My Ex was known pretty much FOR crocheting... This would solve my not having someone to make this for me, and I get to one up her... so WIN WIN!

IF I succeed. haha.

So this got funnier, I had my Christmas work party and ran into my ex-wife’s knitting buddy - they’ve met weekly to knit/crochet for years... this girl is a coworker in my studio and I know her husband only because the couple times we’ve hung out we talked Star Wars.

so he walks up to me and ask what I think about mandalorian... and of course baby Yoda.

At this his wife goes, “oh! I have that pattern before it got taken down!”

so i was a little bummer cuz that means the ex wife for sure got it now.

I told her I got it from here (Usagi Pilgrim) and that I was going to figure it out... she’s like “it’s not too hard to learn, I’ll teach you!”

so now my coworker\ex wife’s knitting buddy is gonna teach me to do it....

hahahahahaha.

I will make mine better than hers. Cuz I’m super competitive and anything she can do I can do better...

12BE91F4-B488-4637-A8DA-FA343D35D50A.jpeg

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

This is the one done by the coworker training me!

She gave me supplies and two simpler patterns to learn on....

THEN I'm going after a baby yoda... and cuz I'm like her, I'll probably try and make it more how I like it...

Cuz I see some things Id do different, heh.

Now to learn to crochet before saying anymore about how much I would do differently.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back