I'm Finally Making My Own Movie - "PAPER PLATES"

Any updates? I’m excited to see this man!

The movie is currently fully graded and edited, and essentially picture-locked. I'm going through it for the upteenth time doing my initial sound mix. It's been a slow going process so far as the more corrections I add to each frame and the more the project just grows in data, it just completely kills my video card trying to process all of this. I'm waiting on a new GPU to arrive so I can swap out my old one to speed it up.

Once that's done, I have to send it off to have it post-mixed to correct the many issues I'm sure it has (I'm slightly hard of hearing). I've got a list of 185 festivals around the world that I think it would be a good fit to play at, if it's accepted to any of them at all, but out of that number, I figure the actual accepted submissions to play would maybe be around 30.

The issue, as always, is money. I'm coming up on my deadline to have something to send to my sound mixer but as hard as I've been trying, I don't have the complete funds to pay her fully to work on it. I had spent everything, including my reserve for post-production, on principal photography just rushing to get every shot. We did, despite my disappointment of how some things turned out just due to the limitations we had, but it sapped all I had to do it.

On top of paying my sound mixer, I still need funds to secure the license for the one song I've used in the picture, and I know I can raise the money for the festival submissions by at least January.

So, I post this again, to get anything I can; any and all support would be great: my GoFundMe for post-production.

I've been submitting this to festivals (30, at this moment) for the last month with the hopes of getting it seen. Just this past week, my little movie won a monthly competition for Best Comedy Feature.

6e9e1a_da44bb58c70e414b9bdebfff671c71a4~mv2.png

It really doesn't mean much of anything but that's one notch in my belt of what is, I hope, to be more coming soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back