Unlimited Run WannaWanga Bunker Bomb Kit.

Honestly, I almost can't tell the difference from the images with the two variants installed. I can see the extra shine a little on the first shot where you having them laying next to each other. Maybe it's more apparent in person. I would have wrongly assumed that one was just a bit older and had dulled over time.

I myself plan to us the ones that @jme3 gave me many years ago. I had them on a version of a bunker bomb I had in my collection but switched them back out with the resin copies it originally came with. I can't tel which version they are but even if they are not the correct version, I am still happy with them.

IMG_4014.jpg

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the images and post them. It was extremely helpful.

Honestly, I almost can't tell the difference from the images with the two variants installed. I can see the extra shine a little on the first shot where you having them laying next to each other. Maybe it's more apparent in person. I would have wrongly assumed that one was just a bit older and had dulled over time.

I myself plan to us the ones that @jme3 gave me many years ago. I had them on a version of a bunker bomb I had in my collection but switched them back out with the resin copies it originally came with. I can't tel which version they are but even if they are not the correct version, I am still happy with them.

View attachment 1365962

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the images and post them. It was extremely helpful.
The difference between the correct version and the mirrored version is that, when mounted with the louvres oriented the right way, the backing plate on the correct version has a rectangular hole on the left side tab, round holes on the left side of the top and bottom tabs, and a round hole on the right side tab, while the mirrored version is the opposite. It seems that the pair you have are the correctly oriented version, although they are missing the little loops that bridge across the rectangular holes on the top and bottom tabs.

The difference between the correct version and the mirrored version is that, when mounted with the louvres oriented the right way, the backing plate on the correct version has a rectangular hole on the left side tab, round holes on the left side of the top and bottom tabs, and a round hole on the right side tab, while the mirrored version is the opposite. It seems that the pair you have are the correctly oriented version, although they are missing the little loops that bridge across the rectangular holes on the top and bottom tabs.
Ooooooh...mirrored.. I get it. As in flipped... not as reflective properties.
A’doy o_O
Thanks for slow walking me through that.

I noticed those tabs too, but they also seem to be missing from actual prop, right?

Ooooooh...mirrored.. I get it. As in flipped... not as reflective properties.
A’doy o_O
Thanks for slow walking me through that.

I noticed those tabs too, but they also seem to be missing from actual prop, right?

Oooooooooooh haha! I hadn't anticipated this other meaning of mirrored!
The reason is this: a PMT (photomultiplier tube) has 9 (or sometimes more) dynodes. Those are shiny metal louver parts which are mounted in a row inside the tube. They are under high voltage to perform their 'photon multiplying'. The way they are mounted is such that the louvers alternate in direction. And because these parts are not symmetrical you get up and down versions or, if you rotate them mirrored versions. There are 4 correct versions (correct for this prop that is) and 5 incorrect ones. The difference is minor, but for us prop lovers it matters a lot, right?
So for this kit, I've smashed around 30 of those vintage tubes. I felt a little bit bad about it :)

Roy

The little loops seem to be missing from the example of this prop we see in their current condition today, but you can see them present (or partially present) on some of the props in the film. I guess it comes down to which specific prop you are replicating and from which specific time.

4k-swreturnjedi-starwarsscreencaps.com-20037.jpg

4k-swreturnjedi-starwarsscreencaps.com-20049.jpg

Hi, startend on my bomb. Has anyone installed one yet? Im familiar with lightsaber installs, but what do you guys recomend for a soundboard and swirch solution? Thx

I don't know about the soundboard, but the switch I supplied can be used for on/off and volume or speed control.

Im gonna try it with a proffieboard. A lil out of the box thinking should do it. Already installed some blaster with a proffieboard and works like a charm [emoji6]

How in the hell did someone find this part?!? You literally almost have to cut a drill (& the correct one at that) in half, & then have to bust into the motor casing! I’m absolutely blown away by the hunting power of this incredible, amazing, & ingenious community!

I still want one of these kits but what I need to find first is someone willing to build it for me too. It’s not the general construction that I am concerned about it is get the paint color and details right. I also would love some lights too. So if anyone can point me to someone, let me know.

DD1518EE-4043-4679-8833-07B36040C36D.jpeg

Finally getting around to working on my kit.
I’m pretty excited about my color since I was mixing tones by hand :cool:

All done with light layers of acrylics. I changed the base texture by layering in the orange over the course of a couple days by stippling with a foam brush.
Yes, I’m leaning into the orange underneath for my finished paintwork.
8E7C7892-4DA8-463E-AB48-B46D8686ACCA.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back