Wall*E Prop - BNL Lighter

Ah man, Im so into this film, I feel it's drawn me in just as much as star wars has. I want to now build a fully functional Wall-E bot!!1

Sorry, that wasnt totally relevant to the thread. And thats a sticker? lol, well a box to go with it would be pretty neat if it cam in it.

Ah man, Im so into this film, I feel it's drawn me in just as much as star wars has. I want to now build a fully functional Wall-E bot!!1

Sorry, that wasnt totally relevant to the thread. And thats a sticker? lol, well a box to go with it would be pretty neat if it cam in it.

I'm amazed that Zippo didn't get a contract to produce BNL Lighters but then I am sure they didn't want to promote smoking.

But it would be cool to go with a full scale WALL-E with a BNL Lunch Box.

Scot

Picked up a lighter today. Wale-e-world only had 1 chrome lighter in stock so I hope to get it right the 1st time. It looks like it is chromed brass, when you pull the guts out you can see brass in the bottom. So I don't have much room for mistakes on how deep I can blast. I may be better off doing a chemical etch.News at 9:00.

Picked up a lighter today. Wale-e-world only had 1 chrome lighter in stock so I hope to get it right the 1st time. It looks like it is chromed brass, when you pull the guts out you can see brass in the bottom. So I don't have much room for mistakes on how deep I can blast. I may be better off doing a chemical etch.News at 9:00.

Oh boy, oh boy! :)

We have product!!!! I might enlarge the oval a bit, see what you think. This is a permanent etch on the thing and is a durable as the lighter itself. Thinking $25.00 ea shipped in USA (logo on front only), I will see for other freight pricing. Listing in Junkyard for signup. This is a Brushed Chrome finish lighter shown. I can get the lighter in street chrome, brushed chrome, satin chrome, brass, and the smaller slim size, contact for pricing other than the various chrome finishes. The satin chrome or maybe street chrome seems to be the closest match, I used the brushed as it was what I could find locally.
By the way if anyone comes up with another logo they want to do let me know.
BNLLightersmall2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the finish selections. See which look closer to the original. The last one Satin Chrome looks the closest to me.

Street Chrome
streetchrome.jpg

Brushed Chrome
brushedchrome.jpg

Satin Chrome
satinchrome.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure the logo isnt the chromed part?

I saw the movie again last night and there is one shot when the lighter is turned into the light and I remember the logo flashed really brightly.

And also in the one shot posted on the first page it looks darker than the rest of the lighter. Wouldn't a shinier surface appear darker than a more matt surface?

Are you sure the logo isnt the chromed part?

I saw the movie again last night and there is one shot when the lighter is turned into the light and I remember the logo flashed really brightly.

And also in the one shot posted on the first page it looks darker than the rest of the lighter. Wouldn't a shinier surface appear darker than a more matt surface?

Yes, this is true. Just like the MS picture I showed on this thread a few pages back. Im not sure if he is able to, I honestly dont know the whole etching process.

If sanding blasting it leave it a matt finish, I'd say get a chromed lighter, and put the logo over it, blast it, and remove it so that it leave the chromed area as the logo. The letters itself are matte though

Oops.:lol I see you already spotted that fact. I thought I had read the thread but I guess I hadn't.

Its fine. I had originally thought it was a very, very faded red, based on just that screen shot, but I had went to see the movie a second time, and I finally saw it and was like "oo! oo! I gotta get back and tell everyone.....after the movie!" lol

I just cant stop thinking about this film! Been listening to the soundtrack all day, and now Im in planning stages for a robotic wall 1:1 scale

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back