Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Zippo

MichaelFuji

Hi,
Could anyone identitfy the Zippo being used in Dial of Destiny?
To me that looks like this one:
however with a standard steel insert.
Of course that could also be that brass colored insert that usually comes with it but it looks like standard steel due to bad lighting.
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 13.49.28.png

It is also funny, that there seems to be no logo at the bottom side of the lighter
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 13.58.50.png

But I am pretty sure I saw a logo in the movie.

When I saw the movie, I definitely saw the Zippo logo on the bottom. I remember even thinking that (in the split second it was on screen) it might even have been clear enough to read the year of manufacture

When I saw the movie, I definitely saw the Zippo logo on the bottom. I remember even thinking that (in the split second it was on screen) it might even have been clear enough to read the year of manufacture
Thanks for confirming my memory.
I even think that it was a black logo.
But there are no black logos on the brass zippos.
Maybe my memory is really bad, but that zippo version looked to me like a steel/silver one in the movie.

Looks like the "modern" more squarish shape, which is what the prop looked like to me on screen. I don't think it was the 1941 version. The Zippo logo might have been filled in with black paint or it was just the angle of the lighting.

The Zippo logo is definitely upside down.
What's weird to me: the hinge that holds both parts together is still on the left side, even when the Zippo logo being upside down.

Did Zippo at some point in time made some manufacutring mistakes or turned the logo 180?
That would at least narrow down the search for a copy prop.

I did buy the one from amazon. Looks good. Happy I did. Pretty inexpensive as well.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back