Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Just A Dead Man

It's painful that ... Did you ask for anything specifically to be done?
I didn't ask for anything specifically to be done with it no. I'm also a bit worried that they will be using the wrong measurements and send it to the wrong address. Since i placed the order, i've moved and asked them to update the shipping address. I got a reply back saying they will, but looking at the order page it hasn't changed. That was roughly 3-4 months ago now i think.

Butoden

A year!? Why so long?? Did you ask for anything specifically that would cause it to take so long.. a year doesn't sit quite right with me.
Well yes, I sent my own shearling and zippers to use. However that was around 10 maybe 11 months ago before they even started production on my jacket. Around a month ago I received a messaged saying my zippers would not work. Ive also never seen a single picture of my jacket after asking countless times, I’m honestly not sure what’s going on.

SDG

I didn't ask for anything specifically to be done with it no. I'm also a bit worried that they will be using the wrong measurements and send it to the wrong address. Since i placed the order, i've moved and asked them to update the shipping address. I got a reply back saying they will, but looking at the order page it hasn't changed. That was roughly 3-4 months ago now i think.
Oh really? That's no ideal.. I'd be on their case if it was me, give them your order number and that I'm sure they will give you some kind of explanation as to where it is and how long it should take?
Well yes, I sent my own shearling and zippers to use. However that was around 10 maybe 11 months ago before they even started production on my jacket. Around a month ago I received a messaged saying my zippers would not work. Ive also never seen a single picture of my jacket after asking countless times, I’m honestly not sure what’s going on.
That's
Wow I can't believe that, honestly that does leave me a little concerned now .. keep my fingers crossed for you, hopefully it sorts it's itself out and there's been a misunderstanding. I'm hoping I don't have any issues.

Just A Dead Man

So i've finally received the Magnoli UGG. It tok a total of 8 months and 7 days from the date the order was placed until i had it in hands. If there is still any interest in this, let met know and i'll post my initial thoughts on the jacket and my experience with Magnoli.

Attachments

• Magnoli UGG.jpg
    Magnoli UGG.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48

TWDFANS

I recently purchased an original Ugg Belfast Suede bomber jacket if anyone would like more pictures. The previous owner had the collar altered to match Rick's on the show.

gator27

So i've finally received the Magnoli UGG. It tok a total of 8 months and 7 days from the date the order was placed until i had it in hands. If there is still any interest in this, let met know and i'll post my initial thoughts on the jacket and my experience with Magnoli.
im interested to hear your experience and a review of the product. i have considererd getting this jacket from magnoli but have never pulled the trigger.

Just A Dead Man

So where do i really begin with this. I received my jacket from Magnoli in March and to say i was disappointed is putting it lightly, all my motivation to make this post simply vanished. To put it this way, i used it less than 5 times overall before selling it to someone else for less than half the price. I actually much prefer the first version of their jacket than this new one. So to start off, i'm lucky enough to have had the ability to compare this to the actual UGG jacket. We'll start off with these 3 pictures. The first picture is the actual UGG jacket, second picture is the first version from Magnoli and the last picture is the jacket i received in March.
1BD329C5-63A9-4624-9502-ED18C1518BFA.jpg

E6B6E4CE-5283-4E9F-80C1-112174EF7F4B.jpg

3ECCEF99-7256-4911-A698-B8ACF4096DF9.jpg
I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts but in my eyes, the first version definitely looks better than the newest version. The newer one feels better to use and to the touch however.

The Collar:
Not much to say here really as i believe the pictures speak for themselves.
2551E9F4-EE4A-46D5-B8DF-23AD8FB92D0E.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

The Lycra:
Not all that much to say here, the color of the lycra looks ok on its own, but compared to the UGG you can clearly see that the color is way off. The lycra is soft and comfortable. Only complaint here is the color.
IMG_8586.jpg

The Shoulders:
Personally the shoulders on these replica jackets is what kills it for me as they all seem to have the issue of being too boxy. Magnoli, Suzhadi and White Sheep Leather. I was told the shoulder issue on the Magnoli jackets were sorted out as another member here sent an XL in to magnoli to make blueprintes from. Indy's jacket definitely still have this issue, i've also heard of some having shoulders worse than Suzhadi who puts shoulder pads in the shoulders. The first Picture is the shoulder of the UGG, second picture is the shoulder from the Magnoli jacket and the third photo is how the Magnoli shoulder looks with my arm out. You can clearly see how the UGG naturally hangs off while the Magnoli dosen't. I've added 2 videos as well doing a T pose demonstrating the shoulder issue. The first video is the UGG and the second video is the Magnoli.

F8B430F5-8CF0-4786-BF69-E04CC9D1B3A7.jpg

809DD153-10DD-4701-92FE-9EE85A63714E.jpg

1C3FBCEB-E38B-45A5-807F-885DA256A438.jpg

The Suede:
So the Suede itself on the jacket feels to be good quality, a bit rougher than the UGG and a bit darker but overall i think the suede is good.
Edit: I don't think this really matters as i've heard from others who also got a Magnoli jacket this year, we've all got different suede.
D13C915E-BF29-4756-BE34-323984E2A2AF.jpg

Issues:
So with my newest jacket i ran into 2 issues. First one being that the side pockets weren't angled quite right. I reached out to Magnoli about this but to fix this, the front of the jacket jacket would of had to been remade. Second issue is that the cuff on the arms were bigger than the measurements i provided. Magnoli kindly offered to sort this out by sending me a pair of cuffs so i could bring it to a tailor or send it back to them to fix it. Attached picture is of the waist pocket.
IMG_1424.jpg

Experience with Magnoli:
So my experience with Magnoli with this jacket has been quite rough. I was told at one point "Hey, your jacket is due to ship next week" Just for them to turn arround next week and say "Production is ready to make your Jacket" In other words, they hadn't even started on it from what i understood. This didn't happen once, but twice. I fully understand that Delays can happen, but telling me at January 19th that they are working on the collar and the jacket is due to be shipped January 31st when they actually started making the jacket the 14th of February dosen't sit quite well with me personally.

Overall:
I think the jacket is overall ok and would probably be satisfying for a "casual" fan who just wants something similar. For those of us who are into the details and wants the closest thing possible, it still has quite the way to go. With the wait time of 7-8 months, it's hard to really recommend this to anyone sadly.
IMG_8339.jpg

IMG_8338.jpg

Last edited:

lovelce

I have a suzhadi and I definitely agree about the shoulder issue. I wanted the jacket just to wear because I like the look. I just can’t wear it because the shoulders look like they have shoulder pads (mine doesn’t). And the collar is bulky, it doesn’t lay down like the ugg. I’ve thought about trying to sell it but I’m just not sure I could get anything for it.

Just A Dead Man

Here is a few photos from someone on here who had an UGG in Small compared to his magnoli in same size.
5BA997CE-A5C9-49EE-B356-D0ACAA3419AB.jpg

D7EB5329-4267-4779-8B67-764BE90E4308.jpg

I'll add a few more pictures below comparing the fit of the Magnoli and the UGG. For refrence, the Magnoli is sized after a Medium UGG thanks to a friend of mine who happens to have a medium. The UGG is a size large.
A07D041F-B95A-48BD-8E60-B8319EFE2C1A.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

FDE4FDF4-ECBF-475F-A3B3-CB86FF95149D.jpg

IMG_8594.jpg

ryeinlloyd

At this point I think the best option really would be to hunt down one of the original UGG jackets. They seem to be one of the hardest jackets to find though.
(With that said, anyone have a small they would sell me?? lol)

ryeinlloyd

Here is a few photos from someone on here who had an UGG in Small compared to his magnoli in same size.
View attachment 1604783
View attachment 1604784

The shoulders on that Magnoli look like they behave better than other replicas we’ve seen (following the shoulder, less rigid/boxy). As far as I’ve seen this thread we only have “official” measurements for sizes L & XL. Do you remember who this user was? Do you think they could provide measurements from their jackets?

Just A Dead Man

The shoulders do behave a bit better than some of the other jackets i've tried on, such as the White sheep leather one. The shoulders on that one was crazy. I've also seen some of the Suzhadi looking crazy lately, se picture below.

E40E6E06-4012-484D-A591-154E05E6D5E9.jpg

I do still have all the measurements for the Medium UGG. If anyone wants them, i can upload them all to a zip file and post it here. Anyway, here is another photo of the first version of Magnoli UGG as i thought that one was pretty ok
MUGG1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.