Walking Dead Rick Jacket

It's painful that ... Did you ask for anything specifically to be done?
I didn't ask for anything specifically to be done with it no. I'm also a bit worried that they will be using the wrong measurements and send it to the wrong address. Since i placed the order, i've moved and asked them to update the shipping address. I got a reply back saying they will, but looking at the order page it hasn't changed. That was roughly 3-4 months ago now i think.

A year!? Why so long?? Did you ask for anything specifically that would cause it to take so long.. a year doesn't sit quite right with me.
Well yes, I sent my own shearling and zippers to use. However that was around 10 maybe 11 months ago before they even started production on my jacket. Around a month ago I received a messaged saying my zippers would not work. Ive also never seen a single picture of my jacket after asking countless times, I’m honestly not sure what’s going on.

I didn't ask for anything specifically to be done with it no. I'm also a bit worried that they will be using the wrong measurements and send it to the wrong address. Since i placed the order, i've moved and asked them to update the shipping address. I got a reply back saying they will, but looking at the order page it hasn't changed. That was roughly 3-4 months ago now i think.
Oh really? That's no ideal.. I'd be on their case if it was me, give them your order number and that I'm sure they will give you some kind of explanation as to where it is and how long it should take?
Well yes, I sent my own shearling and zippers to use. However that was around 10 maybe 11 months ago before they even started production on my jacket. Around a month ago I received a messaged saying my zippers would not work. Ive also never seen a single picture of my jacket after asking countless times, I’m honestly not sure what’s going on.
That's
Wow I can't believe that, honestly that does leave me a little concerned now .. keep my fingers crossed for you, hopefully it sorts it's itself out and there's been a misunderstanding. I'm hoping I don't have any issues.

So i've finally received the Magnoli UGG. It tok a total of 8 months and 7 days from the date the order was placed until i had it in hands. If there is still any interest in this, let met know and i'll post my initial thoughts on the jacket and my experience with Magnoli.

Attachments

• Magnoli UGG.jpg
    Magnoli UGG.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
I recently purchased an original Ugg Belfast Suede bomber jacket if anyone would like more pictures. The previous owner had the collar altered to match Rick's on the show.

So i've finally received the Magnoli UGG. It tok a total of 8 months and 7 days from the date the order was placed until i had it in hands. If there is still any interest in this, let met know and i'll post my initial thoughts on the jacket and my experience with Magnoli.
im interested to hear your experience and a review of the product. i have considererd getting this jacket from magnoli but have never pulled the trigger.

So where do i really begin with this. I received my jacket from Magnoli in March and to say i was disappointed is putting it lightly, all my motivation to make this post simply vanished. To put it this way, i used it less than 5 times overall before selling it to someone else for less than half the price. I actually much prefer the first version of their jacket than this new one. So to start off, i'm lucky enough to have had the ability to compare this to the actual UGG jacket. We'll start off with these 3 pictures. The first picture is the actual UGG jacket, second picture is the first version from Magnoli and the last picture is the jacket i received in March.
1BD329C5-63A9-4624-9502-ED18C1518BFA.jpg

E6B6E4CE-5283-4E9F-80C1-112174EF7F4B.jpg

3ECCEF99-7256-4911-A698-B8ACF4096DF9.jpg
I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts but in my eyes, the first version definitely looks better than the newest version. The newer one feels better to use and to the touch however.

The Collar:
Not much to say here really as i believe the pictures speak for themselves.
2551E9F4-EE4A-46D5-B8DF-23AD8FB92D0E.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

The Lycra:
Not all that much to say here, the color of the lycra looks ok on its own, but compared to the UGG you can clearly see that the color is way off. The lycra is soft and comfortable. Only complaint here is the color.
IMG_8586.jpg

The Shoulders:
Personally the shoulders on these replica jackets is what kills it for me as they all seem to have the issue of being too boxy. Magnoli, Suzhadi and White Sheep Leather. I was told the shoulder issue on the Magnoli jackets were sorted out as another member here sent an XL in to magnoli to make blueprintes from. Indy's jacket definitely still have this issue, i've also heard of some having shoulders worse than Suzhadi who puts shoulder pads in the shoulders. The first Picture is the shoulder of the UGG, second picture is the shoulder from the Magnoli jacket and the third photo is how the Magnoli shoulder looks with my arm out. You can clearly see how the UGG naturally hangs off while the Magnoli dosen't. I've added 2 videos as well doing a T pose demonstrating the shoulder issue. The first video is the UGG and the second video is the Magnoli.

F8B430F5-8CF0-4786-BF69-E04CC9D1B3A7.jpg

809DD153-10DD-4701-92FE-9EE85A63714E.jpg

1C3FBCEB-E38B-45A5-807F-885DA256A438.jpg

The Suede:
So the Suede itself on the jacket feels to be good quality, a bit rougher than the UGG and a bit darker but overall i think the suede is good.
Edit: I don't think this really matters as i've heard from others who also got a Magnoli jacket this year, we've all got different suede.
D13C915E-BF29-4756-BE34-323984E2A2AF.jpg

Issues:
So with my newest jacket i ran into 2 issues. First one being that the side pockets weren't angled quite right. I reached out to Magnoli about this but to fix this, the front of the jacket jacket would of had to been remade. Second issue is that the cuff on the arms were bigger than the measurements i provided. Magnoli kindly offered to sort this out by sending me a pair of cuffs so i could bring it to a tailor or send it back to them to fix it. Attached picture is of the waist pocket.
IMG_1424.jpg

Experience with Magnoli:
So my experience with Magnoli with this jacket has been quite rough. I was told at one point "Hey, your jacket is due to ship next week" Just for them to turn arround next week and say "Production is ready to make your Jacket" In other words, they hadn't even started on it from what i understood. This didn't happen once, but twice. I fully understand that Delays can happen, but telling me at January 19th that they are working on the collar and the jacket is due to be shipped January 31st when they actually started making the jacket the 14th of February dosen't sit quite well with me personally.

Overall:
I think the jacket is overall ok and would probably be satisfying for a "casual" fan who just wants something similar. For those of us who are into the details and wants the closest thing possible, it still has quite the way to go. With the wait time of 7-8 months, it's hard to really recommend this to anyone sadly.
IMG_8339.jpg

IMG_8338.jpg

Last edited:
I have a suzhadi and I definitely agree about the shoulder issue. I wanted the jacket just to wear because I like the look. I just can’t wear it because the shoulders look like they have shoulder pads (mine doesn’t). And the collar is bulky, it doesn’t lay down like the ugg. I’ve thought about trying to sell it but I’m just not sure I could get anything for it.

Here is a few photos from someone on here who had an UGG in Small compared to his magnoli in same size.
5BA997CE-A5C9-49EE-B356-D0ACAA3419AB.jpg

D7EB5329-4267-4779-8B67-764BE90E4308.jpg

I'll add a few more pictures below comparing the fit of the Magnoli and the UGG. For refrence, the Magnoli is sized after a Medium UGG thanks to a friend of mine who happens to have a medium. The UGG is a size large.
A07D041F-B95A-48BD-8E60-B8319EFE2C1A.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

FDE4FDF4-ECBF-475F-A3B3-CB86FF95149D.jpg

IMG_8594.jpg

At this point I think the best option really would be to hunt down one of the original UGG jackets. They seem to be one of the hardest jackets to find though.
(With that said, anyone have a small they would sell me?? lol)

Here is a few photos from someone on here who had an UGG in Small compared to his magnoli in same size.
View attachment 1604783
View attachment 1604784

The shoulders on that Magnoli look like they behave better than other replicas we’ve seen (following the shoulder, less rigid/boxy). As far as I’ve seen this thread we only have “official” measurements for sizes L & XL. Do you remember who this user was? Do you think they could provide measurements from their jackets?

The shoulders do behave a bit better than some of the other jackets i've tried on, such as the White sheep leather one. The shoulders on that one was crazy. I've also seen some of the Suzhadi looking crazy lately, se picture below.

E40E6E06-4012-484D-A591-154E05E6D5E9.jpg

I do still have all the measurements for the Medium UGG. If anyone wants them, i can upload them all to a zip file and post it here. Anyway, here is another photo of the first version of Magnoli UGG as i thought that one was pretty ok
MUGG1.jpg

The shoulders do behave a bit better than some of the other jackets i've tried on, such as the White sheep leather one. The shoulders on that one was crazy. I've also seen some of the Suzhadi looking crazy lately, se picture below.

I do still have all the measurements for the Medium UGG. If anyone wants them, i can upload them all to a zip file and post it here. Anyway, here is another photo of the first version of Magnoli UGG as i thought that one was pretty ok
Congrats on the jacket! It's a shame that things like the shoulders don't quite seem to work out on the replica. It might be an issue with custom sizing as the original UGG (as you may notice) has a lot of room/leeway between the arm openings at the chest area, which largely prevents pulling with pointed shoulders as a result when you lift the arms. The color of the ribbed fabric is also hard to communicate. It really is brown, which looks somewhat grey in daylight, but in pictures and other lighting conditions can look reddish.

Anyway, I'm interested in the measurements, mostly because I already have the measurements for the L and XL. Might as well add these to the collection as well. :)

I'm still interested in a brown XL and since I'm not completely happy with the replicas I hope to find an actual UGG jacket some day in a somewhat decent shape.

Just A Dead Man,

As someone looking to get Ricks jacket, which way are you leaning towards for best looking jacket out there? Not too concerned about price or accuracy.

White sheep looks decent enough but know they’re quality can maybe be inconsistent. I’ve had issues with ordering made-to-measure from Magnoli. So a bit in the fence.

Any input from anyone regarding the jacket would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the jacket! It's a shame that things like the shoulders don't quite seem to work out on the replica. It might be an issue with custom sizing as the original UGG (as you may notice) has a lot of room/leeway between the arm openings at the chest area, which largely prevents pulling with pointed shoulders as a result when you lift the arms. The color of the ribbed fabric is also hard to communicate. It really is brown, which looks somewhat grey in daylight, but in pictures and other lighting conditions can look reddish.

Anyway, I'm interested in the measurements, mostly because I already have the measurements for the L and XL. Might as well add these to the collection as well. :)

I'm still interested in a brown XL and since I'm not completely happy with the replicas I hope to find an actual UGG jacket some day in a somewhat decent shape.
The shoulders has always been the main killer for me personally. I really got my hopes up knowing magnoli had an UGG jacket in their hands to make a blueprint from just for the issue to be there and for this new replica from them being worse than the first one. The UGG in the pictures above is a Large, so if anything the shoulders should be worse on that than the Medium Replica as i'm not a big dude at all haha. The color on the ribbed fabric is definitely hard to communicate and explain without having an UGG to compare it to.

I wasn't quite sure how to upload the measurements so i threw them all in this Onedrive Medium UGG

Regarding the sizing and the shoulders, a friend of mine recently got a replica from Magnoli using the measurements for the Large. His shoulders also have that boxy look, but strangely enough it's worse on one side than the other side. This probably dosen't add much to anything, but just figured i'd add this in while i remember :p

Edit: Shoulder info

Last edited:
So.. I honestly don't even know where to start with this post.. and I feel like this post will be less to do with my jacket overall and more to do with my experience with Magnoli.

(I would appreciate it if you decide to read this whole post.. I know its going to be a lot but I feel like it is important to understand my frustration throughout)

Lets start off with how my jacket turned out.. I will say a couple things starting off.. I did send them my own shearling hide and zips to use for this jacket.
I will admit that it didnt turn out the way I wanted but that does fall on me for choosing the hide I did. I will also note that the zips I sent in were not used which I will get to later.

(I am also the one who opted for the original Large UGG measurements)

IMG-0630.jpg
IMG-0629.jpg

Overall the fit of the jacket is pretty good.. however the shoulder issue still persists like many other replicas out there.

Suede:
IMG-0643.jpg
IMG-0648.jpg
IMG-0647.jpg
IMG-0644.jpg
IMG-0649.jpg

The suede on the jacket is quite nice, sadly the only thing I have to compare is another "older" model Magnoli since I don't have an UGG for a true 1:1 comparison.

The suede on the "newer" models is clearly a different color also note just how much thicker the suede is on an "older" Magnoli.

Overall I think the Suede is pretty good and definitely an improvement over the last model.

Ribbed Fabric:
IMG-0635.jpg
IMG-0645.jpg

Not really much to say here.. overall the quality of the ribbed fabric is good however as you can see the color is still completely wrong..
(I will mention that I did request brown fabric be used)

Lining:
IMG-0637.jpg
IMG-0639.jpg

The lining is good, compared to the UGG its not the right color and the pattern itself is a bit large. I feel that this isn't a big deal considering its just the lining of the jacket.

Collar:
IMG-0648.jpg
IMG-0632.jpg
IMG-0633.jpg
IMG-0642.jpg

Again I will say that the shearling I sent them was overall to thick and to put it bluntly not even close to what was used on the UGG jacket.
However.. i've seen a lot of recent jackets use shearling that is either white or slightly off white much like what I used here.

I also requested to use the original UGG measurements for the collar, I personally dont have an UGG to compare but from looking I feel that my collar isnt the right size. (note I was told my collar would be "screen accurate"

This is my main problem with this jacket aside from the well known shoulder issues, the collar is way to bulky and somehow uneven from side to side. one side of the collar will occasionally not want to lay flat and as you can see the collar sits lower on one side than the other.
Because of these issues I have only worn this jacket out once since receiving it.

Also I am unable to zip the jacket all the way up because the shearling will get caught in the zipper.

( note one side of the zipper curves and goes into the suede while the other doesn't )

I was originally going to put this in the next section but I figured id just throw it in here.
When I was going to ship my shearling hide & zippers to them two different people gave me two different addresses on where to actually ship it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so now is where im going to start discussing my experience with Magnoli from the time of placing my order to receiving the jacket.

I do apologize if this part seems scattered / all over the place.. its just a lot to discuss as well as many dates thrown around.

So lets begin!

My order was placed on December 18th, 2020 (one thing I mentioned from the very beginning was I would like progress pictures throughout the construction of my jacket.. They said they could and would do this for me)

Fast forward about 5 months or so after not hearing any updates.

May 16th, 2021. I asked regarding progress pictures and was told "I'll check with production and get back to you when I have some news."

May 23rd, 2021. I received an email.. "Your order is nearly done, but it's being held up thanks to a new Covid lockdown! We're unable to get out to the market to get buttons to finish this up. We'll do our best to get this finished ASAP and will let you know as soon as this is finished and shipped."

June 8th, 2021. I emailed them asked for progress pictures / the current state of my jacket.
two days later on the 10th I received a response saying that my jacket should be done within the next few weeks.. then they'll send pictures of the completed jacket.
My first thought was "Great! my jacket should be done in a few weeks!"

July 4th, 2021. Another month had gone by so I figured id email them and ask for an update.
I was told "ill ask production and get back to you within the next few days" however I never had another response.

August 3rd, 2021. I emailed him once again because at this point I was moving and the address I gave for the order would be wrong.
(The last thing I wanted was to wait this long for a jacket just for it to be shipped to the wrong place)
I was then told that they were aiming to ship my jacket on August 13th.

August 23rd, 2021. I asked about the jacket and when it may be shipping and about receiving progress pictures. I once again never received a response.

September 11th, 2021. Asked for an update, I was once again told the same thing "We're waiting on an update right now. I'll e-mail you when I have some news."

October 29th, 2021. since another month almost two had come and passed I again asked about an update to which I didn't receive a response until..

November 17th, 2021. "We just discovered that the puller you sent us doesn't match the size of the zippers we normally use, so we've ordered some new zippers for your jacket. They should arrive in about a week. We'll then get this all finished up and shipped to you ASAP."

Now when I read this I was quite confused and put back.. wasnt my jacket nearly done back in May? I was under the assumption that all my jacket needed was buttons? Now im being told nearly 6 months later that my zippers I sent werent going to work.
I then emailed him back saying they could use the zips they normally use. (which I was okay with because by this point they had updated them and were more accurate than what I could source myself)

January 6th, 2022. I asked for an update..

January 12th, 2022. I was asked if I could indicated where I wanted my shearling hide to be cut for the jacket..
it was at this moment I figured that my jacket was never close to being completed even after being told that multiple times throughout the process. So it then made since why I never received progress pictures.

January 25th, 2022. My jacket was finally complete!

February 1st, 2022. The jacket was shipped and I received the jacket on February 21st, 2022.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I want to say.. I know Magnoli makes some great products I have some ties from him and they are great quality.
I know everyone will not have the same experience I did, and im sure many of you have had great luck and service with Magnoli, however I thought it would be best to document my experience and share it with all of you.
I wish that they would've been honest with me if my jacket wasn't ready or close to being ready.

Sadly I feel that the Magnoli replica or "MUGG" still needs a lot of work and its very hard for me to recommend this replica to anyone in the current state.

Attachments

• IMG-0631.jpg
    IMG-0631.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG-0631.jpg
    IMG-0631.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG-0646.jpg
    IMG-0646.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
Here is the Screen used UGG up for auction. I had my doubt they'd actually sell the UGG as it's such an iconic piece, but it's cool to see it in its final stage. Also note the inner lining gone
View attachment 1620543View attachment 1620544
I’m trying to win the auction, I also recently ordered a Magnoli that will come around April 2023, but if I win the auction you bet I’m gonna post pictures for you guys to get references from!

I’m trying to win the auction, I also recently ordered a Magnoli that will come around April 2023, but if I win the auction you bet I’m gonna post pictures for you guys to get references from!
Oo exciting! Would be absolutely amazing to see some high res close up photos, would also be amazing to get detailed measurements so we can see how much they tok in the jacket for Andrew. Good luck! :cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back