VX gas rounds build update.... still hate soldering

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Compo

Only kidding, it’s washing up liquid.

going to try the holder so I got to do another four of these, I hate soldering with a passion. Any ideas for a substitute glue I could use?
75E2FFF5-66A0-4A34-9D73-3D8F030109BF.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MattgomeryBurns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is awesome! I absolutely love this prop. I have tons of screen caps of the cylinder, missle, etc if you ever need them.
I had a kind of a bummer situation with one I bought on Etsy. It arrived broken and the seller disappeared so Etsy returned my money. But my face was not melted :p

Last edited:

Compo

This is awesome! I absolutely love this prop. I have tons of screen caps of the cylndar, missle, etc if you ever need them.
I had a kind of a bummer situation with one I bought on Etsy. It arrived broken and the seller disappeared so Etsy returned my money. But my face was not melted :p
Haha, oh no that’s pants!!

apart from the soldering it’s pretty easy to make,I don’t have the equipment to make it out of metal so it’ll be MDF with a paint effect.

The 48th Ronin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Regular JB Weld has a full cure time of approximately 24 hours. JB Kwik sets up in about 5 minutes with a full cure time of around 4 hours.

You should search for PHArchivist's posts about this prop - he did one back in the day...

Compo

Regular JB Weld has a full cure time of approximately 24 hours. JB Kwik sets up in about 5 minutes with a full cure time of around 4 hours.

You should search for PHArchivist's posts about this prop - he did one back in the day...
I did see a picture when I was researching this that wasn’t identical to the film but it was really well done so had a feeling the maker might be on here.

Compo

Got three done, the stand I’m using is just till I make the cage. Stuck with solder but I pre soldered the rings so it was easier to do
DACF81EA-CE70-4CA0-A8E5-61DB5B0A35B8.jpeg

MattgomeryBurns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Your post on the RPF facebook group is pretty epic. Not only does it have the most likes I've seen in a long time, but one of the original prop makers chimed in. And also the owner of one of the screen used cylinders with gas pearls shared some photos.
Definitely worth a look (click the little facebook logo on the bottom right of the video to see the comments):