VX gas rounds build update.... still hate soldering

Compo

Only kidding, it’s washing up liquid.

going to try the holder so I got to do another four of these, I hate soldering with a passion. Any ideas for a substitute glue I could use?
75E2FFF5-66A0-4A34-9D73-3D8F030109BF.jpeg

This is awesome! I absolutely love this prop. I have tons of screen caps of the cylinder, missle, etc if you ever need them.
I had a kind of a bummer situation with one I bought on Etsy. It arrived broken and the seller disappeared so Etsy returned my money. But my face was not melted :p

Last edited:
This is awesome! I absolutely love this prop. I have tons of screen caps of the cylndar, missle, etc if you ever need them.
I had a kind of a bummer situation with one I bought on Etsy. It arrived broken and the seller disappeared so Etsy returned my money. But my face was not melted :p
Haha, oh no that’s pants!!

apart from the soldering it’s pretty easy to make,I don’t have the equipment to make it out of metal so it’ll be MDF with a paint effect.

Regular JB Weld has a full cure time of approximately 24 hours. JB Kwik sets up in about 5 minutes with a full cure time of around 4 hours.

You should search for PHArchivist's posts about this prop - he did one back in the day...

Regular JB Weld has a full cure time of approximately 24 hours. JB Kwik sets up in about 5 minutes with a full cure time of around 4 hours.

You should search for PHArchivist's posts about this prop - he did one back in the day...
I did see a picture when I was researching this that wasn’t identical to the film but it was really well done so had a feeling the maker might be on here.

Got three done, the stand I’m using is just till I make the cage. Stuck with solder but I pre soldered the rings so it was easier to do
DACF81EA-CE70-4CA0-A8E5-61DB5B0A35B8.jpeg

Your post on the RPF facebook group is pretty epic. Not only does it have the most likes I've seen in a long time, but one of the original prop makers chimed in. And also the owner of one of the screen used cylinders with gas pearls shared some photos.
Definitely worth a look (click the little facebook logo on the bottom right of the video to see the comments):

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back