Vietnam in HD on History channel

Wes R

Legendary Member
I loved WW2 in HD and so far I really like this one too. I'm not sure if it'll be a weekly series like the WW2 one but it is up there with the really good Time Life Vietnam series quality wise. These documentaries are where History channel shines through all the crap they put out. I'm kinda wondering if my uncle is watching or if he can manage to watch.

Caught it last night. When the Soldier and Marine talked about how much pride they felt coming home, only to have it sucked away by the people protesting them, it was very emotional. All in all, a great show.

These HD series show that the history channel can still manage good shows now and then. i do wish all these channels would do more on Korea and WW1 but there isn't much footage and no survivors (well Korea there is). Problem is a lot of the footage is owned by the news channels and they want top dollar for it. Vietnam is the same way, it costs a ton to get the rights to the stuff.

Caught it last night. When the Soldier and Marine talked about how much pride they felt coming home, only to have it sucked away by the people protesting them, it was very emotional. All in all, a great show.

Yep.
I knew they would get around to that.
I bet not a one of those protesting traitor scumbags ever apologized.

I watched the last couple nights. I think it's pretty good. I wish they would have done an hour per year. There was alot more going on in different areas and i think they could have expanded a bit more. What they showed was great though.

It's a bit disarming that Dexter (aka Michael C. Hall) narrates it...I keep expecting him to talk about killing someone. But it's overall well done. History Channel does a really good job at their editing pace on pieces like these.

Yeah that was hard to watch. My dad was a Marine in Vietnam and he experienced a little bit of that, but not to a large extent.

i'm not sure if my uncle caught any flak like that, then again after the 2 tours he did he probably didn't remember much from what my mom says.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back