Vibro axe again. (See post #129 - #132)

The lower grips are just wire wrapped around the tube. (it is a cord off of something. The cord off the super max hair dryer is close, but not quite accurate.

As for the upper grip near the hair dryer. Some folks do heat shrink. (a type of heat sensitive plastic, that shrinks when heated) Some think it tooks like the tubes you used to see on vacuum cleaners. Wire covered in a flexible vinyl tube that clings to the wire.

I'm also wondering if the vacuum hose is the correct idea that someone mentioned. Unlike today's plastic ones I remember ones that were wire wrapped inside some type of material. I think Dyson's are still like that. Anyone got one to check?

On the bottom grip are we sure it's just cord and not wrapped as well. Can't tell from any pics I've been able to find.

Electrical tape shrinks over time sometimes. I think the grip looks to clean to be electrical tape after all these years. No wrap seems either although it may not be clear enough to see. From the looks of all the props it never seems like they are repairing or refurbishing them so I doubt they would re-wrap it.

Not Dyson. Ribs to thin and close.

I remember having a pump in a pond and the hose was wrapped coils. Got it at Lowes. Will check next trip as it would be just about the right size.

i see lines here.....tape?
13-11-201102-21-47.jpg

I see some lines as well, but they could be scratches. Everything I have ever wrapped with black tape seems to shrink and start to look bad, narrows and leaves stickiness behind.

Personally I would love it to be tape. Would make it very easy.

Very informative thread :thumbsup

Since I already have too many projects on the backburner, I was thinking of having some parts pre-build for my own vibroaxe.

Who could provide an accurate representation of the blade and the pipe-assembly!?
vibroaxe7.jpg

I know it´s half the fun to do this myself but I just dont have the time :unsure

Anyone?
Please PM me with offers, thanks :)

Markus

Last edited:
Very informative thread :thumbsup

Since I already have too many projects on the backburner, I was thinking of having some parts pre-build for my own vibroaxe.

Who could provide an accurate representation of the blade and the pipe-assembly!?
vibroaxe7.jpg

I know it´s half the fun to do this myself but I just dont have the time :unsure

Anyone?
Please PM me with offers, thanks :)

Markus

Well, I wish you luck, with your project.

I have posted the only templates (earlier in this thread) I have been able to find for the blade, and other parts. Many of us, have waited a very long time for someone to do a run, in metal, or even just resin, but it just never seems to happen. I myself had hoped to offer a resin run someday, but that is looking, more, and more unlikely.

there was a guy online offering replica vibros, mostly to Slave leia's, but his site was very unhelpful.

I met a guy at a con with a very nice vibro. (other then the fact that it was about 2 feet too long) I told him "I have been working on one of them for years, and that I had this thread. His replay was "the plans are on the Internet, if you look for them." and walked off. Didn't give me any tips, tricks, web sites, and thing. :(

Zorg, and others in this thread have been, very, very, VERY, helpful, but most everyone else I have met that has a finished one, is not. So I really do hope that someone post very good plans for you (and the rest of us) but after 12 years of looking into this, and all the years this thread alone have been up, I wouldn't hold your breath. (I'm not saying it wont happen, I'm just saying you may want to start working something up yourself.)

i would be willing to get some resin parts done for people, in fact i've put a wtb thread in the junkyard for this very reason.

i would like to be able to supply most of the parts excluding the chest rod and the actual pole itself.

all parts would be made to fit a 1inch pole 5 feet long.

-z

i would be willing to get some resin parts done for people, in fact i've put a wtb thread in the junkyard for this very reason.

i would like to be able to supply most of the parts excluding the chest rod and the actual pole itself.

all parts would be made to fit a 1inch pole 5 feet long.

-z

That would be sweet. I have PMd the people about the soaker and Yamaha part. I was thinking about offering a run of completed axes but that would depend on how well mine came out. I also have a run of my Begins Grapple Guns starting on the first so not sure about time.

As props go this is not that hard.

I'm not understanding the trouble with the blade. I printed out the template. Sized it up to match the great measurements Zorg put on here. Now just cut out a bunch of pieces of plastic and wood, stack, glue, screw, and sand.

Easy. Not seeing that as a sticking point. Resin for the axe may be risky as it is a large piece at the end that may get knocked on stuff. Plastic and wood is what I'm gonna use.

We got a great tutorial on the side pipe thing. The only thing left off was rounding the tops of the Co2 cartidges to match the real prop but otherwise great tutorial.

Great pics of the Han blaster part that needs to be cut.

Great tutorial on the Vader bar.

All info needed on the hair dryer and the end

Source for the soaker and the Yamaha knob, hopefully

Awesome tutorial and info on the end of the pipe piece

The only question left is the cord wrap.

Otherwise we are good shape

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back