Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One - Zombie MGCs

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (MG81 stuff & a tiny engine)

I found a 1/4 20 actually and it's working great. There was also a 5/8 16 (I think) there with a square lug that fit perfectly into the square hole on the tap, though, which satisfies my OCD in a big way. Just gotta find another coupler that will attach to the rod.

I'll keep you posted, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My carriage bolt has a square base as well...

On my phone so I can't post just the pic, but here's a link to my build and you can see the pictures there:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=231549&p=3914877&viewfull=1#post3914877

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Just more Obi stuff)

Sir Alec Guinness . . . okay here it goes . . . this is my best I-don't-know-what-happened-to-my-lightsaberprop-face . . .

Alec%20Guinness%20as%20OB1-01_zpsm3mxiaat.jpg

'As long as George doesn't go through my locker ... I'm home-free ... its not like they need it for a sequel anyhow, right?'

:lol

Chaïm

My carriage bolt has a square base as well...

On my phone so I can't post just the pic, but here's a link to my build and you can see the pictures there:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=231549&p=3914877&viewfull=1#post3914877

I've read your thread many times :)

The square lug on my 1/4 20 is eeeevvvvvvver so slightly undersized for my pommel... it's just a minor nagging thing really. I'm out of town, but when I'm back home I'll take some pictures of inside. Now back to your thread to ogle your beautiful sabers again!

I've read your thread many times :)

The square lug on my 1/4 20 is eeeevvvvvvver so slightly undersized for my pommel... it's just a minor nagging thing really. I'm out of town, but when I'm back home I'll take some pictures of inside. Now back to your thread to ogle your beautiful sabers again!

Ok... you got me there... mine's slightly undersized as well.... but it never really bothered me because it is almost a perfect fit....

But if it really bugs you, my suggestion is to try and find a small o-ring.... which should be easier to find than another coupler ;)

Perhaps I have mentioned this before yet the cone part should be much deeper inside the emitter according to this picture from this foreign book :

Chronicles%20OB1-3_zpstdccccqn.jpg

The lightsaber in the center shows a bit of the cone part sticking out in regards to the windvane neck :

OB1%20Chronicles%20vs%20Tunesia_zps6uqdjkmd.jpg

Chaïm

What does the lug look like? Sorry if I missed it.

EDIT: I see what you mean, square lug on a carriage bolt.

I never realized how deeply set the cone was. It would appear that it was never meant to be seen; just there to hold it all together.

Micro-update. So close to putting this Obi to bed (at least for the time being). But this little sucker is headed my way thanks to the kindness of our own mugatu :)

ed7ca01d48e0e171aec637bf4896942c.jpg

Oh, and there's one more thing. Well nine more things, but more about that later [emoji41]

Last edited by a moderator:

Exciting little package came the other day from @mugatu! I actually went home from work for lunch that day just to get it, lol.

pTDKbMs.jpg

Hell yeah, 100% real parts achieved :cool Now i just need to get it to 100% accurate parts :wacko

My coffee table is a mess right now...

AdEkhTm.jpg

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Boooooooster!)

Fantastic OB1, Veektohr! It is incredible!

That SL doesn't look too shabby either.

That's the active project at the moment. Just need to cut the clearance for the cylinder. Hopefully I can finish up the receiver the next time I have some time to sneak on the mill... I've been doing a lot of visualizing, lol. Measure 1000x, think about it for a week, measure, start cutting, stop because I'm doing it wrong, measure again, finish cutting - The Victor Method

Fantastic OB1, Veektohr! It is incredible!

That SL doesn't look too shabby either.

Straight from Belgium, it's my pleasure to formally introduce RPF engine #4, aka the MarVeeCrooz.

e016eb9581691b1c87860348c7a3301c.jpg

5c74779421ca392a90a1b0a4b53a9de7.jpg

Found on a late night deep dive on an obscure milsurp website by myself, reconnaissance by Marv. Coordinated by teecrooz. [emoji41]

Females are spoken for, I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back