Limited Run Vader MPP steel cast SHROUD (complete)

Received my two shrouds this week and immediately got to work on one. Accidentally sprayed it w/ a dark brown hammered paint (stupidly deceptive black lid!) so I had to sand it down to remove the paint so I can give it a good coat of black. Even so, it looks and feels fantastic. I used a flapper wheel on my rotary tool to remove maybe 0.5mm to get it onto my vintage King Sol. I know it's not a screen accurate Vader hilt, but it's close enough for me, and fits in great w/ my other vintage hilts.

Thanks Roy for making these beauties!

DBSCq79XcAAoVgu.jpg

Well people let's just say I really lucked out. Marviana Jones, #47 on the list for this run decided to sell his Steel Cast MPP Shroud to me privately. This was only after a streak of bad luck though; first I followed the original interest thread for months looking forward to these shrouds well before they were cast, then I somehow missed this Limited Run thread being posted and by the time I stumbled upon this thread all the shrouds were already spoken for. Every single one! :cry

So I desperately and politely canvased some of the users that bought two and three shrouds hoping I might possibly be able to find someone with an extra they were willing to part with,.. No luck.
People don't usually buy extra shrouds to have laying around "just incase" Lol. They were all spoken for and each with an intended purpose. Then I posted here again when I was feeling defeated and out of luck. On top of all this I then found one posted in the For Sale threads that somebody had decided to sell, but yet again I was a little too late seeing that post too and it was already sold by the time I'd found the thread. At this point I had felt so defeated I actually totally gave up on it, there were NONE available anymore. They were all long gone, Literally!

Then finally some luck came my way; Marvin from Germany recently decided to sell his and must have seen my post because he's not even someone I'd messaged about it, he'd only ordered one shroud.
Luckily he must have seen my post and private messaged me. I immediately accepted his offer, and promptly sent payment!

The universe has a way of working itself out. Yesterday my new Steel Cast MPP Shroud arrived in the mail, and it is absolutely a thing of beauty, you can definitely feel the quality when holding it in your hands, it has some hefty weight to it.

I'd like to say thanks to Roy for doing the run!, and here's to hoping another run happens in the future so everyone else that wanted a steel shroud can get their hands on one too.
SteelShroud2.jpgSteelShroud3.jpgSteelShroud1.jpg

SteelShroud2.jpg

SteelShroud3.jpg

SteelShroud1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice score. Would be nice to get one when the Roman's MPPs release as I have one on order. I bet they would sell like hand warmers in Antarctica as if there was any concern they wouldn't.

@SlyFox What an amazing story. So dedicated! I'm VERY pleased to hear that you managed to get one. Congratulations!
Thank You Roy! and thanks again for doing the run, It wasn't exactly easy getting my hands on one of these as they are apparently fairly highly desired, and I can see why!
This shroud truly is a thing of beauty! It was worth every bit of effort obtaining it.

Nice score. Would be nice to get one when the Roman's MPPs release as I have one on order. I bet they would sell like hand warmers in Antarctica as if there was any concern they wouldn't.
Thanks, I have a Roman Props MPP replica on order as well, I'm looking forward to receiving that. I will most likely be using this shroud on the Roman Props MPP replica as I believe it's likely to fit nicely. The Master Replica hilts are not exactly 100% true to original MPP flash dimensions, but I have a good feeling the Roman Props will be! They are looking very accurate already and it's still only in the early stages of development so far.
The bottom end cap is already way more accurate than the Parks replica!

Here's to hoping Roy gets enough requests to do another run at some point in the future so more people can get their hands on one, reading through the thread it seems there's already a group of people wanting them. Maybe another interest thread needs to be started sometime soon...

Last edited:
Here's to hoping Roy gets enough requests to do another run at some point in the future so more people can get their hands on one, reading through the thread it seems there's already a group of people wanting them. Maybe another interest thread needs to be started sometime soon...

Ditto... Roy I had to pass on the run because of other projects but if you are considering doing another run please put me down I am 100%

Edit: I am out due to shipping difficulties & price

Hi Roy is another run possible??

Please help us Roy your our only hope!!

If by chance there is someone in the US wanting to sell their shroud please send a PM... thank you

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back