Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

Welcome to the MPP club Scruffylooking ... be very careful when drilling a hole to attach a D-ring ... best to start drilling with a smaller size drill-bit and then file to make it slightly larger to accommedate a proper size D-ring ... remember measure twice, drill once! ;)

DV MPP Shroud D-ring.jpg

DV - MPP - 04.jpg

Chaïm

I'm SURE Many people have asked this question before... But as I don't want to waste my money on "FAKES"...

What IS "THE BEST/MOST ACCURATE ESB Darth Vader Lightsaber with the BEST EFFECTS and Blade Available?

You cans just tell me company names and I will do the rest?

Thanks.

Joe

I'm SURE Many people have asked this question before... But as I don't want to waste my money on "FAKES"...

What IS "THE BEST/MOST ACCURATE ESB Darth Vader Lightsaber with the BEST EFFECTS and Blade Available?

Thanks.

Joe
Apart from a vintage, Romans Props currently makes the most accurate replica MPP kits. These come empty and will need installing.

Thanks.

Joe
unfortunately, I'm not sure how to help you. There are plenty of replica makers out there, and some are more accurate than others, and they all have value, not just the best ones

Accuracy and Effects are kind of different things because there were no effects like that on set. I don't have much info on installed sabers, but I think there are quite a few options out there.

I have to say it, the RPF is not a one-stop shopping catalogue. There is a lot to read and learn about on here. For instance, you want to worry about "fakes" when you're spending a lot of money on a real MPP, to make sure you're not paying all that money for a current replica passed off as a vintage item. You also don't have to buy-in to the top tier to enter this hobby. There is a lot of joy building and learning your way through things. If I just bought an expensive hilt right away I would never understand what it was that I was really holding.

unfortunately, I'm not sure how to help you. There are plenty of replica makers out there, and some are more accurate than others, and they all have value, not just the best ones

Accuracy and Effects are kind of different things because there were no effects like that on set. I don't have much info on installed sabers, but I think there are quite a few options out there.

I have to say it, the RPF is not a one-stop shopping catalog. There is a lot to read and learn about on here. For instance, you want to worry about "fakes" when you're spending a lot of money on a real MPP, to make sure you're not paying all that money for a current replica passed off as a vintage item. You also don't have to buy-in to the top tier to enter this hobby. There is a lot of joy building and learning your way through things. If I just bought an expensive hilt right away I would never understand what it was that I was really holding.
What I'm looking for is as CLOSE to "Screen Accurate" Hilt... with the BEST "EFFECTS" and "Blade" available?

Again I'm not worried if the Hilt is a More Expensive one or Less Expensive? But I DO want something that is as CLOSE to Screen Accurate but no it doesn't HAVE to be a ACTUAL "MPP" Hilt! It can be a Good Replica?

So for me it's a Combo of Hilt AND Effects and blade!
I hope this clears up what I'm asking?

Thanks.

Joe

Apart from a vintage, Romans Props currently makes the most accurate replica MPP kits. These come empty and will need installing.
Ok Cool. THAT helps ALOT!

Now on to the BEST "Inner Guts" for Effects and what is the BEST "Battle Quality Blade"? Hopefully the guts and blade will be from the same vendor?

Joe

Hopefully the guts and blade will be from the same vendor?

Nope - if you get a Romans, you'd have to send it out to be installed by someone else. I'd recommend poking around and seeing who performs the installations as there's many builders.

I also try and steer people away from the word "best" - you can get a custom made gold and silver $5000 chassis system, or a lower level chassis that's 3D printed and $25. It's about what is best *for you*

Well... I've been in touch with Romans Sabers and with my next pay check I will be purchasing the Romans Vader Kit.
I've spoken to them/him and he also gave me a good "Builder" for the guts and blade.

So ONCE AGAIN... The GREAT PEOPLE Within this Group... RPF Have been SUPER Helpful!

Thanks. ;)

Joe

Welcome to the MPP club Scruffylooking ... be very careful when drilling a hole to attach a D-ring ... best to start drilling with a smaller size drill-bit and then file to make it slightly larger to accommedate a proper size D-ring ... remember measure twice, drill once! ;)

View attachment 1469323

View attachment 1469324

Chaïm
YEP! This is what I will be purchasing from Romans and also the grips.
I can't WAIT to get this and then have the guts added!

So Cool! A Dream come True! :)

Joe

I have a question that I would really like answered and would appreciate a great deal.

On the MPP shroud, were the "arms", the part to the left and right of the bulb release button, symmetrical or different widths? Also, is the knurled screw supposed to be centered or off set to one side? I recently got a Roman's props MPP and it came with these small changes and I just want to verify their accuracy. Thanks all.

5.jpg

Its not supposed to be like that. Looks like a manufacturing error.. It happens. Contact Roman, he'll take care of you.

Do you think just the drilled hole is the error or even the size of the "arms" on each side of the bulb release/activation button?
Nah, I'm pretty sure the factory does all of that. Absolutely email or message him, he is a great guy. Must have been a fluke that slipped by quality control, his MPPs are so nice that I think he sells a TON

Last prop purchase of 2021 was delivered earlier this week, and I figured I'd share some quick photos…

Didn’t do much collecting wise this past year since I’m pretty content with the state of my collection, but I made a play for this guy at auction and surprisingly won it.

Pretty dang cool to see one of these ultra-rare variants in person.

Now I have to decide whether or not I keep my vintage ANH V2 as I usually steer clear of collecting multiples of any prop.

DSC02248.JPGDSC02255.jpgDSC02250.jpgDSC02252.jpgDSC02260.jpgDSC02254.jpgDSC02261.jpgDSC02257.jpgDSC02259.jpgDSC02266.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back