V3: Production Version Build

So was the chrome tape added after production? Its on the clamp and emitter, and what looks line just above the pommel? please forgive my frshface, im new to thisV3

Last edited:
Of course. There is a small blob of concrete in my utility room that gives me the random pattern needed to create the “pitting” seen in vintage clamps (I use the same patch of concrete for the weathering on the bottom of my V3 / V2 hilts.) Basically, I strike the clamp, randomly against this patch of concrete like the monkey from 2001 with his bone....

View attachment 1077727

(Here’s the result, using the same method, on the bottom of the hilt)

View attachment 1077733
The camp was then subjected to “Easy-Off” cleaner, 3m pads, and steel wool to break down the shine.

Then, I sealed the parts into a plastic container containing ammonia to darken the areas of exposed brass.

Lastly, I hit the part with a black wash.

Here’s where I’m at so far. I’ve had to order the additional grub screws and will follow-up once I have them in-hand.

View attachment 1077729

View attachment 1077730
This might be ..no, forget that.. THIS IS the greatest custom production V3 lightsaber ,hands down, i have ever seen. Inspired me to do a KRV2 into one like this..hope i can get remotely close. This looks like it came right out of the movie. Fantastic job Man. Please tell me you are NEVER selling this.

This might be ..no, forget that.. THIS IS the greatest custom production V3 lightsaber ,hands down, i have ever seen. Inspired me to do a KRV2 into one like this..hope i can get remotely close. This looks like it came right out of the movie. Fantastic job Man. Please tell me you are NEVER selling this.
Thank you. I greatly appreciate the compliment.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back