V3: Production Version Build

I have found that brass with a dust of flat black looks very
20180907_224633.jpg
IMG_20181129_123411.jpg
20181005_175636.jpg
close too. Or black with gold dust over it, wait what did I do! Different lighting yields different results, first pic is closer to real life

Guys this is looking great!! Alley I love what you did with it

I can’t say it’s too v2 like, I really like where your going with this!

The pic I have trouble reconciling is the new one from the Archives book from Endor... sure looks like gaffer tape is on it there.

Yup!

Attachments

• FBA7FB90-D776-4105-A19C-68E94DF0D221.jpeg
    FBA7FB90-D776-4105-A19C-68E94DF0D221.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 168
  • DCA409DB-1C38-422C-BFE3-AD990D458D77.jpeg
    DCA409DB-1C38-422C-BFE3-AD990D458D77.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 181
Jeezo whiz...

And now I am doubly flummoxed...

In the Endor picture (appears this was taken when Luke had his confrontation with the speeder bike) the emitter face appears to be completely clean with no black chipped paint.

2615CAA2-2998-488E-A7C2-A38750B106A8.jpeg

But in other photos, that we assume to be of the production V3, there is clearly chipped paint on the emitter face, similar to the V2:

68587C5A-FC48-409C-9668-AFF31D0B99D2.jpeg

4A4BAEA7-5175-429C-B281-2F8D7F75B16B.jpeg

Now...either they also used the V2 as a bladed stunt, and not just a belt hanger, or the V3 emitter face lost all of its chipped paint between filming in the UK and filming in the US.

I have theory... the exterior Endor stuff was the last stuff shot with principal photography I think.

The V3 hadn't been used outside of England. The V2 was a belthanger... i think the V2 was bladed just for the speeder bike scene and we're looking at it.

Doing that made for a different emitter piece/face. And it was put back to normal after for belthanger duty.

I have theory... the exterior Endor stuff was the last stuff shot with principal photography I think.

The V3 hadn't been used outside of England. The V2 was a belthanger... i think the V2 was bladed just for the speeder bike scene and we're looking at it.

Doing that made for a different emitter piece/face. And it was put back to normal after for belthanger duty.

Seems to be the only thing that makes sense?

Unless there is a bladed V4 sitting in a dusty box in the archives, with the body of a V2 and the clean emitter face of a post-production V3...

F962F002-3EFB-45A0-8D69-04AA8ECCD48D.jpeg

I have found that brass with a dust of flat black looks very View attachment 974869 close too. Or black with gold dust over it, wait what did I do! Different lighting yields different results, first pic is closer to real life

Fantastic collection of V‘s you have there! Great work on the production V3. BTW the color of your left sock could be a tad greener for my taste, or is this just bad lighting?

I posted this somewhere else, Luke ignites the v2 when the speeder turns around

Then they pull the v2 and insert the v3 when Luke’s swipes

V2 had the blade cut off, and never had a blade attached during RoTJ

What really scares me about the new Endor pic is.. is it shadows on the emitter? The emitter is fairly black... but in the throne room and bridge scene it’s already pretty bare...

Also the windvane looks to have more paint on it as well...

The paint and timing is off in this photo, and it’s unsettling to me

Hoping it’s shadowing

Do you know that's the V3?

I'm just saying, this new pic... that isn't the V3. None of the paint matches, there's gaffer tape on the neck... everything says V2 to me save for the emitter face.

The fact the V2 had a cut off blade in it's emitter actually goes with what I am saying-- that a different emitter was used altogether.

I have no evidence of course-- just that that is literally what I see-- the V2 with a different, bladed emitter.

I don't see anything that says V3, other than a blade being attached.

Last edited:
The nipple on this weird new emitter looks a little jerry-rigged. Obvious set screw there, seems wider or shallower or something. Not as nice as the V2 socket

it actually reminds me of the Yuma socket that surrounds the base of the blade more than a nipple thing.

They only needed it for one shot... that’s when jury rigging happens.

That gaffer taped neck is so clearly the V2 to my eyes...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back