V For Vendetta Wire Tap Scrambler

Testing the newly repainted arm :

scramblerWIP2.jpg

sclosed.jpg

To replace the LED you only have to unscrew the arm parts like I did to repaint them and solder on a new red one to the wires... it does have screws there.

Saw this ad in the local free rag:

[attachmentid=8001]

If you are in the UK these are due in at Netto on Monday 15 May 06.

£2.99 roughly equates to $5 for you colonial types.

Still some modding needed, but no need to fiddle with the electrics.

hmmm...not the correct one, but definetly close with the shorter body, cool :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nareem_Salbo @ May 6 2006, 09:37 PM) [snapback]1239634[/snapback]</div>
I think I found enough space :

cell.jpg

The blue arrow gives 12mm. The maximum height of the battery + contacts has to be under 4mm (I tried with squares of styrene 1mm thick, with four I could no longer close the two halves)... I think a CR 1225 can fit in there, it's 12mm in diameter by 2.5mm high. The question is wether it can feed the LED. I'll try to find out soon.
[/b]

Is that area tall enough for the batteries to fit?

I started installing the new battery area :

batholder.jpg

I shall test it with a real CR 1225 asap... Meanwhile I used a mockup homemade styrene battery to check if there was enough space... there seems to be :

batmock.jpg

I haven't installed the other contact (+) yet, only test fitted it without attaching it permanently. I can close the two halves with both contacts in place. It's quite tight ;) . I must finish repainting that second half before going further on... Maybe tomorrow with a real battery test, if the paintjob is OK...

booyah. i was confused cause i thought you were still using the 2 smaller batteries. Awsome, well that works.

FINALLY. Thankyou so much for figuring this out, I can finally finish this darn thing, lol And the red was done with a Sharpie :D

vlight1.jpg

vlight2.jpg

vlight3.jpg

Okay, so how are you guys cutting it so perfect across the bottom? Dremmel? Exacto? Power of God?

I used a simple model saw... I thought making that edge the same width as the right and left edges would be logical (5 mm), so I drew a line, and cut a bit further with the saw and finished with my x-acto to get to the end line. Then I sanded down the excess with both halves joined for tighter fitting...

As you can see I cut both halves separately, but together should work as long as you don't go too close to the line :

guiltytools.jpg

Kylash : I see you removed the remains of the former battery holding site... I would advise against it : I used it to sit the covering styrene strip on that half, it made the work a lot easier. (the top styrene strip is sitting on the screw "pylons")

holdsite.jpg

im not sure i understand what youre saying, i cut it as far backas i could without cutting off the screws. Its not an issue for me having something for the edges to sit against, im probably just going to do it with sintra and milliput, so theres pleanty of strength. Btw, I used a dremel to cut mine.

Explanations about what I did :

cut.jpg

The green line is the main cut line.
The red line circles the remains of the battery holding site which can be used to install a styrene sheet to cover most of the open cut edge.
The blue lines show two extra cuts you need to do to make room for the styrene covering.

I don't know what sintra is, so I can't say how you're planning to do, but I know milliput, and I thought using it to make a wall would be difficult... Then I found out that the remaining "wall" was just right where it needed be to back a 1mm styrene wall... With the styrene installed, I only had small holes to fill. See my previous WIP pics for other points of view / steps.

That's just my 2 cents. You do as you think is best. I simply love styrene ;) .

bought one a couple of days ago
in a local pound shop
so thats about 75 85 cents i think
just a matter of doing all the cutting and i will have one to
i love cheap props

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back