V For Vendetta Wire Tap Scrambler

Without seeing one of the lights up close it does seem to look as if it is thicker.

Is there enough room in the sides to hold a coin cell? Or perhaps there's room in part of the flip up section to hold a button cell?

I just thought of something. Do you guys think it would be possible to reduce the number of batteries needed (it uses 3 watch batteries) so it could possibly fit inside the rest of the unit? The only reason I thought of this is that the red LED bulb is not nearly as bright as the standard white one it comes with, so it wouldn't need as much power to run.

You can even get coin cells that I think come in 3V, so depending on the red LED I imagine it'd be possible. What voltage is the average red LED?

well the light thats in there now is suuuuuper bright, doesnt need to be that bright, so i imagine it could run on one battery

Originally posted by Immortal Goat@Mar 27 2006, 07:03 PM
I just thought of something. Do you guys think it would be possible to reduce the number of batteries needed (it uses 3 watch batteries) so it could possibly fit inside the rest of the unit? The only reason I thought of this is that the red LED bulb is not nearly as bright as the standard white one it comes with, so it wouldn't need as much power to run.
[snapback]1214212[/snapback]​

Didn't I say that on page 1? :confused

just compared mine to the pics again, reeeally doesnt look any thicker than this.... but they definetly either fixed the position or something of the top parts, because it unfolds more than that.

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Mar 27 2006, 07:00 PM
Didn't I say that on page 1?  :confused
[snapback]1214331[/snapback]​
I was just elaborating on that. You recomended replacing the battery with a coin one. I was asking if keeping the same batteries would be possible.

Ah. Gotcha.
Well after takin this sucker apart and examining it with a fine tooth, I gotta tell you, there ain't a whole lotta room in the top half to add batteries (or battery). I'm starting to think that the red light was either CGI or maybe wired up from the table. :(

I just saw VfV again last night and I have to say that if that's CGI they did a damn good job of making it look real. You can see the red light shining on his hand as he flips it open which really leads me to believe it wasn't CGI. As far as the wired through the table, I am pretty sure that when he's flipping it open and the light is on his hand he's still got it in his hand and not on the table yet. My bet is there is enough room somewhere to fit a coin cell or button cell battery, not much is needed for either.

We don't actually see it open up, do we?

We hear a noise, then see it being set down...

The mods they made may have made it incapable of opening and closing.

-Mike

Nope, my mistake...

We get a wide shot of it popping open, then a close-up of it being set down.

This begs the question: was there an action version, which flipped open & closed (but did not light) and a hero version for close-ups (which lit but did not close)?

-Mike

I am pretty sure you can see the red light on the one he flips open, it's even illuminating his hand if I remember correctly.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back