V For VENDETTA: The movie props

The plastic mask made by Rubies exclusively for promotions at Comic-Con and WonderCon is actually pretty screen accurate and will work well for costuming. It will take a little tweaking and converting, though... and I have begun that process with mine. I'll share "before and after" pics here once it is complete.

Is it me or does that DC Direct mask look too "worked"? Like it has too much shading/weathering compared to what we see in the trailer and stills???

EDIT: correction of a humourous typo....

It does indeed appear to be a bit idealized from the photos we've seen so far, but I have yet to see one in person. Hopefully, Vandark will post pics of his today.

Originally posted by JediCarl@Mar 1 2006, 05:41 PM
Hopefully, Vandark will post pics of his today.
[snapback]1196443[/snapback]​

I'll take some tomorrow in natural daylight, I can't get the photos to look how it looks in person, they just come out looking bad. I don't want to put you off it.

Here's a few pics of the mask in person from E-bay yesterday, to tide you over.

The colours are slightly brighter in person. To me, it looks identical to the movie mask in almost every way, although the mouth slot looks a little different, see what you think.

masks.jpg

The Comic-Con giveaway mask. Not too shabby for a freebie.
[IMAGE]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1454/vmasksmall1jk.jpg[/IMAGE]

Yeah, it's not a bad piece at all (especially considering it's made by Rubies). I got one off eBay for about $15 about a month ago.

Like I said before, it just needs a bit of tweaking, touch-ups and modding in order to make a very passable V mask for costuming.

My focus now is on trying to locate the daggars, belt, hat, gloves, etc. Or at least find a talented artisan who can help.

Originally posted by JediCarl@Mar 1 2006, 08:12 PM

My focus now is on trying to locate the daggars, belt, hat, gloves, etc. Or at least find a talented artisan who can help.
[snapback]1196581[/snapback]​

Just went to the website, the press release stuff says they're 'handmade throwing knives'.
Damn.

I would ask Durasteel... but he seems awfully busy these days. And Scott (Kropserkl) has about a zillion projects in the works, too. But thanks for the suggestions.

Better late than never, here's some photos of my DC Direct V mask.

Looks just like that screen used mask in the above post.

vmasks.jpg

Originally posted by jonnytrooper@Mar 6 2006, 11:58 PM
Also, how well does the dc direct one stay on your head?
[snapback]1200165[/snapback]​

It holds on with string, you gotta tie it on, elastic would be better.

BTW Can anybody notice the fault with my mask???? I've only just noticed it myself..

Originally posted by jonnytrooper@Mar 7 2006, 12:30 AM
the goatee
[snapback]1200203[/snapback]​

why? what's wrong with it????? ;o)

HAHA. why do i ALWAYS get the damaged products???????

First Rocketeer, then Vader, now this.

The question is............to paint or not to paint?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back