USS Bozeman

Sanding builds up your bi&triceps. It gets rid of toxins through sweat. It teaches patience. It is meditative. It is good for the economy.

It is endless.:cry

Sand.jpg

Okay, I'm done being sick & I have photo download access once more.

Pics:

Bozemanproject016.jpg

*sanding in between*

Bozemanproject017.jpg

I'm not attaching the nacelles until I'm done with the putty & sanding- don't wanna snap 'em off in the heat of motion.:cool

Bozemanproject018.jpg

Once done sanding, I'll put a light primer on to identify any edges or seams I missed...

Bozemanproject019.jpg

As you can see, there were a lot of resin-to-styrene issues, many still in progress.

Last edited:
Cool! I never realized the Bozeman had so much hardware on it.

Ha ha, Firefox says Bozeman is misspelled. It suggested Boggieman instead :lol

I might have to do this build.. Looks good
It's coming along nicely... as long as you're ready for a lot of sanding & puttying, I'd say go for it. However, the solid nature of the resin parts precludes lighting unless you are kind of, well, insane.:lol

I am really digging this kit and your hard work shows because this is looking good.
I am still considering getting this kit. I mean, I only have like 6 Reliant kits and I need to do something with them, right?

Kenny

Looks great so far! Keep us posted!
*Tim Curry 'Darkness' voice* You have but to ask...

Bozemanproject020.jpg

Light primer reveals good news- not too much more to sand!

Bozemanproject021.jpg

Yeah, this is not too much more.:lol This is a traipse next to what I've done to this point!

After this bit, nacelle attachment & painting begins.

I never gave the Bozeman a second look, that is until I saw your build. That is a Great looking ship and build . Can"t wait to see her finished.:love

Morgan_Bateson.jpg

I'm sure you're feeling relief from the end of sanding; don't let it lull you into a false sense of security. Many modelers feel a superiority complex at this point, as if they can do nothing wrong, that's incorrect, my friend! You need to realize that your subconscious will now begin to taunt you, as Niles taunts me.... oh yes...around every corner, whenever I'm eating, or, uh, beaming up... are you listening...?

Last edited:
Looking good. Next time, delegate the sanding duties to your crew.
I'd like to see these two in a TNG episode.
startrek_fraiser.jpg

I am still considering getting this kit. I mean, I only have like 6 Reliant kits and I need to do something with them, right?
Kenny, I actually never paid much attention to this design until my client asked for it- it's really growing on me! Like, sanded fungus.:lol
JK- :love
It's really an impressive scale.

Say, do they make a TOS Enterprise in this scale?:angel

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back