US Navy Mk II Talker Helmet 3D to Imperial Navy Trooper

OK. Finally confiscated enough cereal boxes.

Yes, it's crude but at least I can refine the shape and length and while I know it sits properly by drawing on the cardboard. On the ROTJ helmet the back or the rear "cheesegrater" sits a little higher than the ANH one. I had some pics where that was evident, put they are somewhere on my server. Strangely, I can't find any pictures of the ROTJ filming helmets lately to show you...just fan made replicas.

IMG_2006.jpg

TazMan2000

Since this version of helmet was designed from the ground up in 3D and I didn't use photogrametry, the shell took a lot less sanding than the old one did. A layer of photo resin hides all the joints and layer lines.

IMG_2019.jpg

TazMan2000

The 3D representation with the skirt.
In the real world, everything is printed, but the "ears" need some post processing.

1.png

TazMan2000

Cool. Always liked these styles of helmets. Especially the jaw-bone helmet, which is rare to see replicated exactly right.

You should make 1:6 scale versions of them. :)

Tazman... so where did you get your skirt material? What is it... polystyrene? Acrylic? ABS?

I picked up several thicknesses of 4x8 sheets HIPS several years ago at a plastics wholesaler. I used 0.06" (1/16) thickness for both my ANH and ROTJ versions.

TazMan2000

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back