Upcoming ANH Jabba the Hutt scene redesign

Curious about the big back of his head part.
Place holder or just doing something different?
It is looking fantastic....and you could do it blindfolded and still do better than.....whatever they were trying to do here.... (guessing it was a time crunch thing)
tumblr_inline_ns99cm5iz31shsvef_1280.jpg

I forgot how bad that looked. Although, I think the textures and lighting weren't so bad, it was their model that just didn't work. But, the 2004 DVD version, model was better, although still NOT Jabba, but the textures and lighting were more WAY off.

Curious about the big back of his head part.
Place holder or just doing something different?
It is looking fantastic....and you could do it blindfolded and still do better than.....whatever they were trying to do here.... (guessing it was a time crunch thing)
View attachment 1540011
I forgot how bad that looked. Although, I think the textures and lighting weren't so bad, it was their model that just didn't work. But, the 2004 DVD version, model was better, although still NOT Jabba, but the textures and lighting were more WAY off.
The back on the head isn't finished. but i think it may be larger than you thought:
Jabba1.jpg

Jabba2.jpg

Jabba3.jpg

As for the original CGI. it really was horrible. i can't remember which version it was. i think the first one. but they had 1 year to do that scene.
It really was not Jabba though.

BTW, unrelated. But i really like your updated Profile cover!

The back on the head isn't finished. but i think it may be larger than you thought:
View attachment 1540021
View attachment 1540022
View attachment 1540023

As for the original CGI. it really was horrible. i can't remember which version it was. i think the first one. but they had 1 year to do that scene.
It really was not Jabba though.

BTW, unrelated. But i really like your updated Profile cover!
Hmmm, guess I never did realize that it hung down like that, like a giant hoodie on his back, we also never really got a shot from behind. All these years later and still learning new stuff from the movies.
And thanks, new spinning death star came out better than I expected.

Will do, thanks man!
Quoting so you see this....and wondering of any progress.

I'm playing some Starcraft 2 with Return of the Jedi running on right monitor...just to have something playing. And I caught this out the side of my eye.....the big hunking tumor hanging off the back of Jabba's head that I hadn't even noticed before.
I've probably watched this movie more than any other movie, and now not even really watching it and I see this....(which I did brighten up a little to help here)
Now I'm going to have to watch all Jabba's scenes to see if you can see his head blob any better....this is all your fault now...lol.

Jabbahead.jpg

nice work, thanks for updating us!

As a side note, I've never seen that behind the scenes photo of that lady applying makeup to Carrie with Jabba in the back. The resolution on it is amazing, where did you get it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back