Upcoming ANH Jabba the Hutt scene redesign

JediMichael

Master Member
Curious about the big back of his head part.
Place holder or just doing something different?
It is looking fantastic....and you could do it blindfolded and still do better than.....whatever they were trying to do here.... (guessing it was a time crunch thing)
tumblr_inline_ns99cm5iz31shsvef_1280.jpg

I forgot how bad that looked. Although, I think the textures and lighting weren't so bad, it was their model that just didn't work. But, the 2004 DVD version, model was better, although still NOT Jabba, but the textures and lighting were more WAY off.

Frogfreak

Sr Member
Curious about the big back of his head part.
Place holder or just doing something different?
It is looking fantastic....and you could do it blindfolded and still do better than.....whatever they were trying to do here.... (guessing it was a time crunch thing)
View attachment 1540011
I forgot how bad that looked. Although, I think the textures and lighting weren't so bad, it was their model that just didn't work. But, the 2004 DVD version, model was better, although still NOT Jabba, but the textures and lighting were more WAY off.
The back on the head isn't finished. but i think it may be larger than you thought:
Jabba1.jpg

Jabba2.jpg

Jabba3.jpg

As for the original CGI. it really was horrible. i can't remember which version it was. i think the first one. but they had 1 year to do that scene.
It really was not Jabba though.

BTW, unrelated. But i really like your updated Profile cover!

JediMichael

Master Member
The back on the head isn't finished. but i think it may be larger than you thought:
View attachment 1540021
View attachment 1540022
View attachment 1540023

As for the original CGI. it really was horrible. i can't remember which version it was. i think the first one. but they had 1 year to do that scene.
It really was not Jabba though.

BTW, unrelated. But i really like your updated Profile cover!
Hmmm, guess I never did realize that it hung down like that, like a giant hoodie on his back, we also never really got a shot from behind. All these years later and still learning new stuff from the movies.
And thanks, new spinning death star came out better than I expected.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.