Trove of new TFA blasters and props revealed by WIRED!

LOL, funny. When I first saw him holding a bowcaster in the "Chewie, we're home" bit in the second teaser, I remember thinking "I'll bet that turns out to be a Barnett Commando," given that it's the closest of any xbow you can easily find.

I don't think that the new Chewie bowcaster is a Barnett Commando... the string guide on the inside of the frame points to a compound bow as the base... the hunt begins :D

I think the key will be to find the bow stock that has that little downturn at the front of the string groove of a compound bow... of the bows I've looked at not 1 has that little downturn.

of course there is always the possibility that it was carved from scratch... a few areas look a bit rough on that prop pick that you'd expect to be nice and smooth on a production bow stock. We'll see... :D

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
It's definitely a Barnett Commando. Everything about it matches including what you are mistaking as a string guide.

8417035543_0bbc3d65e1_b.jpg

I don't think that the new Chewie bowcaster is a Barnett Commando... the string guide on the inside of the frame points to a compound bow as the base... the hunt begins :D

Jedi Dade

I retract my previous statement... that definitely looks like the right things with a different nose piece.

without that slider piece I'm guessing that the rear part is glued in place.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back