TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

Dude, you make it look easy

Was really hoping to have ep3 done today.. worked all morning but the rain wouldn’t let up.. way too much humidity... even with the heat in the shed the paint bubbled..

Here’s hoping tomorrow night

Trying to finish this up tonight. Blowing 60mph here... alittle hard to spray paint lol

IMG_8328.jpg

I’ve been trying to figure out what to use for a button and as I was combing through my box-o-parts, I came across pieces that came with my Graflites.

This was attached to my Graflite and these little thumbscrews look like they would be a great fit for a button. It’s plausible that they would use parts that came with the Graflite. Regadless, I’ll cut them off and glue them together.

82A529B3-6D62-4BBA-86E7-AF1622E83987.jpeg Untitled4.png

I like it! I have a bunch of those as well, if I can’t find a decent thumb wheel I’m going with Trents advice on the knurled end of a exacto knife

Here’s hoping the weather is a bit warmer today so I can throw the final coat on and finish the video!

I like it! I have a bunch of those as well, if I can’t find a decent thumb wheel I’m going with Trents advice on the knurled end of a exacto knife

Here’s hoping the weather is a bit warmer today so I can throw the final coat on and finish the video!

I'm on your schedule with the build. I know if I work ahead, I'm going to make a permanent mistake haha

Struggling with paint guys... it’s been so freak’n cold here.. this will be the 3rd time I’ll paint this..

IMG_8446.jpg

Even spraying quickly outside and the running back into the house isn’t helping..

Video is stuck until I get this painted so I can continue adding the stickers.. please allow me a few more days

Don’t think I’m hesitating, every night I’ve been trying.. but I keep running into this damn hurdle..

Halliwax do you have a heat gun?

I do tom. But I live in a basement apartment, we have electric hydronic heat ( house is powered by solar. So it’s free heat) I put the parts in front of my heaters to dry

I just did one more try.. see if it makes it this round.. it’s getting ever tiring... been doing this since Wednesday night. So close to being done..

INTERESTING. I just learned some new things :D

My Graflite is still sitting where I left it after splitting the tube fitting in the endcap. It's small enough that I can cover it with T track, but I'm scared to start the emitter

INTERESTING. I just learned some new things :D

My Graflite is still sitting where I left it after splitting the tube fitting in the endcap. It's small enough that I can cover it with T track, but I'm scared to start the emitter

You can do it!!

Trent and I have a surprise coming for the grip section, so to save you guys from ripping your tracks off. Please give me some time, I feel so guilty taking so long

But I have to do things in a certain order... I think :/ looks like the paint problem is good so I’m going to try and finish things up tonight

I did the emitter spring pin thing and finished off my bottom plate! disassembling sockets is always so intensive, but this thread saved the day.

Also, after splitting a little bit of the sidewall, and E6000 not really filling in the gaps, I used water and apoxie sculpt to fill in the edges and I added a patch so T track can lay flat.. pics in one second

So the original bakelite plate broke before I got this, just threw a black plastic washer in there instead. Also used some metal polish on the tube.
20190301_201714.jpg

The patch makes a ramp going from the damage down the tube so there will be almost no gap under a piece of T track
20190301_201645.jpg
it's straighter than it looks haha

Everyone using their own endcap, sand it down more than you think you should. I sliced the cap in half and sanded the diameter all while it sat spinning in a drill press

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back