TrooperTrent Holiday Special Lightsaber Series

before some one tells me "you know Halliwax, you can save a lot of time sanding that shroud with a dremel" and i highly agree... BUT

before i made the shroud on Trent's HS. I experimented with 6 before i was happy enough to put it on his. The very first one i made i used my dremel, the drum sander grabbed a edge of the aluminum and it stabbed into my hand.. and it went in deep. I'll never sand this small of a piece of sheet metal ever again with the dremel.. its far too dangerous to me..

Great video, Halliwax! Very useful info!

Thanks, when I watch it I feel like it comes off very boring.. maybe because all my other videos has a lot of different change?

Where this one is building a shroud for 50 minutes..

Wish there was something I could do to make it more interesting

Thanks, when I watch it I feel like it comes off very boring.. maybe because all my other videos has a lot of different change?

I knew I was missing something with my build videos. Then it hit me, something as simple as a low volume background music. It surprisingly added a lot. I wanted some unique music so I purchased it for $20 but there is also a ton of fre stuff out there.

I used my drill press as a lathe to slice the endcap in half, and then sand it to diameter. It's now stuck in the bottom of the tube, without the sleeve. Unfortunately this tube is VERY soft, and part of it split while I was tapping the endcap into place. No pressure fitting guys!

It's only boring to you. I sat through the whole thing while working on other projects just because it's fun watching it being built.

It also makes it more interesting to imagine that the gloves are the only thing you're wearing.

It's only boring to you. I sat through the whole thing while working on other projects just because it's fun watching it being built.

It also makes it more interesting to imagine that the gloves are the only thing you're wearing.

Haha, that would be risky with sharp metal all around.

Also wasn’t bored. I watched the whole thing because this is on my to do list for tomorrow. I’ll have it on for a second time while I work on it.

I didn’t find it boring at all,I doubt anyone who is building the hs saber will. Just like if George lucas showed up at my house with a book of pictures of the v2 lightsaber that I’ve never seen before I could sit there for hours ,maybe days as he slowly flips through the pages.but my brother would be board outta his mind within two minutes.

I had .016 inch hobby aluminum sitting around, but it seemed too thin.

I also have a large bag of scrap aluminum from my R2-D2 skins. It’s .035”.

Ready for cutting!

Attachments

• 287037D9-32E6-468F-BE3F-D8EF01D5A3E9.jpeg
    287037D9-32E6-468F-BE3F-D8EF01D5A3E9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 227
  • EA799E34-64B3-4270-A8EF-52DE972374D9.jpeg
    EA799E34-64B3-4270-A8EF-52DE972374D9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 206
  • 003DCA6F-6A3D-41CC-B8AE-6655205796EE.jpeg
    003DCA6F-6A3D-41CC-B8AE-6655205796EE.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 212
I knew I was missing something with my build videos. Then it hit me, something as simple as a low volume background music. It surprisingly added a lot. I wanted some unique music so I purchased it for $20 but there is also a ton of fre stuff out there.

Exactly! I’m fooling around with music now on my Guinness legend video

Have to make sure that stuff is not copied right I’m petrified of getting into trouble

LMAO!!!!! To be honest I’m really insecure about my hands and fingernails

My ex use to always give me a hard time about them and say how ugly and dirty they were, and not to touch her with them

I hate filming them on screen without the gloves but some parts I just have too..

This post freak’n killed me lol

Haha, that would be risky with sharp metal all around.

Also wasn’t bored. I watched the whole thing because this is on my to do list for tomorrow. I’ll have it on for a second time while I work on it.

This is great! I was so worried that it was boring, I hope showing how I cut the lower shroud helps

I cut all the way into the corners to keep the corners as sharp as possible

The gloves also helps protect you from the sharp edges

One other thing about the gloves is.. we are sanding aluminum, and making aluminum powder

I know when I’m making the explosives for the pyrotechnics company i would for, there is all sorts of warning labels on the powdered aluminum.. so it’s not very good to get on your skill, I believe your body absorbs it..

Glasses and gloves for sure in this build!! Pants and underwear are only a option though

... feel the breeze

I didn’t find it boring at all,I doubt anyone who is building the hs saber will. Just like if George lucas showed up at my house with a book of pictures of the v2 lightsaber that I’ve never seen before I could sit there for hours ,maybe days as he slowly flips through the pages.but my brother would be board outta his mind within two minutes.

Thanks again buddy. I don’t know why I was so insecure about this one, glad this helped you and others understand the process. It’s raining here today. I’m going to go refill the propane and heat up the shed, she if I can get some more action in today

I had .016 inch hobby aluminum sitting around, but it seemed too thin.

I also have a large bag of scrap aluminum from my R2-D2 skins. It’s .035”.

Ready for cutting!

Chris that looks great!! Mind if I steal those photo’s for the tutorial post?

Chris that looks great!! Mind if I steal those photo’s for the tutorial post?

Thanks!

Not at all. This thread is your baby. I’ll take pictures as I go and send them to you. I even alternated the grain on the aluminum like you said to.

Test pieces!

Plenty of filing and sanding still to do, but I’ll be cutting a new set tomorrow now that I practiced.

Attachments

• D4611D05-8B6C-4E78-A7F1-D0A6E7C84A2E.jpeg
    D4611D05-8B6C-4E78-A7F1-D0A6E7C84A2E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 216
  • BD5B07AE-92CD-4424-A96B-33D097AE0746.jpeg
    BD5B07AE-92CD-4424-A96B-33D097AE0746.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 181
  • 1FD9CDA7-C436-4F80-A81F-110124661E74.jpeg
    1FD9CDA7-C436-4F80-A81F-110124661E74.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • 8EF0B604-4A26-4236-A7B1-07C779345CA6.jpeg
    8EF0B604-4A26-4236-A7B1-07C779345CA6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back