TRON toy Deluxe ID Disc. Mod./Enhancements

Is there some "off the shelf" LED light rope that I can take the LED's out of the plastic cord and use a small powered controller to have my Tron disc lights/sound activated to put next to my stereo? That would be cool even though it would be tethered to a wired source.

Absolutely stunning job, and exactly what I want to do with my own disc.

I do have a few questions, if you don't mind.

I can't tell 100% from the videos, but is this disc completely self-contained?

What are you running it with, some sort of PIC?

You mentioned that the inner disc was 16 SMT LEDs, how many LEDs did you end up using for the outer disc?

Again, I'm really stunned by how even the lights came out, and the smoothness of the animation. Thanks for sharing the videos!

awesome work propmaster2000! i like what you done so far.

at one point a few months ago i was looking into the ghostbusters pke meter electronics as a quick way for making led flash patterns wired in parallel to the existing leds. but i think you're on target in making it better for this particular enhancement.

I love the work you've done on your disc, propmaster2000! I've been trying to figure out how to go about doing exactly what you've already done, lol. I was planning on using a lot less LEDs, but after seeing this I may have to reconsider.

I understand you probably wanna keep everything trade secret, but I'm just curious how you fit all the ICs for timing the shift registers in the strip where your LEDs are mounted and just what they're mounted to. Though, regardless, it doesn't help me since I want to try and maintain some if not all the components already inside.

If you do decide to make it, I'm sure your full suit will look amazing. Good Luck!

Beautiful work on the Mod, like everyone seems to be saying that exactly how I'd want mine. I wouldn't even know where to begin with that besides the LED's :lol

Absolutely amazing and beautiful work!

I was hoping you would post some clearer photos of your electronics. I was hoping to take the two good halves of 2 Sam Flynn discs and put them together and light with flexible SMT LED strips. I don't think I am skilled enough to do the light up sequence however. Could you post links to the components you have used?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back