Bourne Identity Bank Account Implant?

JForce

There are plenty of excellent threads going over in amazing detail the contents of the Red Bag from The Bourne Identity, with so many people having recreated their own.

However in my searching I haven't come across anyone who's replicated the implant that holds the bank account number, projected out from the end of it. Now it's likely of course that it's just my poor search-fu that has prevented me from finding anyone who's either researched or made their own, but I've searched both in here and google on every variant of "bourne bank account laser/led/ir/implant/yaddayaddayadda" I can think of, and I the only thing I've learned is that the Red Bag stuff is an awesome obsession, and all anyone cares about :D

So, any advice/pointers/directions to if there's any existing stuff on this one? If not then I shall begin and see where I end up as far as recreating one goes.

Bourne 01.png

Bourne 02.png

Bourne 03.png

It might be possible to make a tiny laser-cut gobo disk to go in front of a laser pointer or light, with a couple of lenses to focus it could work? The trick is finding a small enough light source and a way to focus it...

It might be possible to make a tiny laser-cut gobo disk to go in front of a laser pointer or light, with a couple of lenses to focus it could work? The trick is finding a small enough light source and a way to focus it...
I think laser cutting the gobo might not be practical due to the incredible small form factor (maybe 5mm/.2"or so in diameter?) . I am sure there are fancy and expensive lasers that have the capability, but that may not be commonly available (to be fair, my experience is based on working with only a few consumer-level laser cutters (GF, Beambox, etc.), so I may be under-informed).

I think I would try to make the gobo with some sort of photolithography approach, but that would still be a challenge. On the positive side, I don't think you would need to worry too much about focusing the light as the throw could be changed simply by moving the capsule closer to or farther from the projection surface.

As a semi-related side note, the project made me think of the "IEE One-Plane" projection display - its a display technology from the early 60's that used an array of miniature gobos to project different numbers/characters. It is a tech decades before my time, but I have seen a few videos about on YT about them. I think Franlab has a full break down of one that was pretty awesome and may provide some inspiration.

Good point, I don't have any experience with lasers yet unfortunately. Someday.... I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a non functioning one, ie a small metal capsule with an LED and small battery. I have a long way to go with my metalworking skills before that happens hah.

Back