Tron Legacy Costume

2164-rinzler-costume-front.jpg

Here is the front of Rinzler's Torso. It's a rough idea, based on the pics of the action figure.

This looks like a job for L200.

I would just get a mannequin, cover it in saran wrap, apply whatever undershirt you plan on using and using Barge, attach L200 foam to it. Then paint the L200 with regular black paint.

Add your lights if you must and call it a day. For the helmet, start with a bike helmet (lightweight) and add some styrene pieces to it until you get the look right, then gloss black the whole thing.

I didn't mean to be discouraging at all. I wish you luck, sincerely. The helmet would likely be able to be accomplished with some creative sculpting on a bike helmet and a vacform or two.

I would recommend you vacform it in clear and paint it from the inside to keep it nice and glossy when you peel off the plastic protectant film.

No, no, this happened way before you posted. I figured that no one would get back to me because there might some sort of NDA issues. Its a little strange to think that costume building techniques would be some sort of secret, but I'm sure that plot points have been guessed or inferred from too much costume access in the past, spoiling or supposedly spoiling box-office revenues as word got out over the internet or something.

This looks like a job for L200.

I would just get a mannequin, cover it in saran wrap, apply whatever undershirt you plan on using and using Barge, attach L200 foam to it. Then paint the L200 with regular black paint.

Add your lights if you must and call it a day. For the helmet, start with a bike helmet (lightweight) and add some styrene pieces to it until you get the look right, then gloss black the whole thing.

Well the thing is, that whole thing is skin tight rubber body armor, so i was thinking smooth-on's Dragon skin, especially since Dragon skin is made for doing rubber costume pieces.

Hey guys, ive got my own tron project goin, but im not doin a replica, just makin my moto gear go tron lol its not finished but here is the progress
59525_155578664469370_100000517130939_460278_7892053_n.jpg
41280_153530911340812_100000517130939_445609_4101805_n.jpg

For the most part it is one continuous wire. The helmet is 8'1" of wire with a 3' lead wire plugin that goes down my back for just the helmet w/o jacket. So far the jacket is around 22' of continuous wire. Where I need it to angle i punched a hole through the jacket, fed it through, kept around a nickel sized loop on the inside and fed it back through said hole. You could do several strands of el wire and link them together with lead wire (lead doesnt count to the over-all length of el wire, therefore you'll get a brighter glow). To be honest i prob only have about 2' concealed underneath, plan the design right and its more efficient. This IS just my first prototype though >_<

Ill try to post a schematic

I love the look of the new TRON suits. I would like to have one just to have and perhaps ride in. This is going to be a great movie I think. From what I have seen or heard it looks very neat.

I love the look of the new TRON suits. I would like to have one just to have and perhaps ride in.

I just love the sound of your post!:lol

SAMQUORRAFINAL.jpg

Here's the WIP thread...
http://www.therpf.com/f9/officially...eplica-suits-updated-9-09-a-81156/index5.html

We've kept everything faithful to the movie costume designs, with the exception of the female boot heels. The Quorra character has really large heels on her boots...that we had to turn into flats for our replica boots.
Otherwise, everything else is pretty bang on.:cool

David

Hi all!

I am back from Dragon Con and after getting a week's worth of sleep working non stop to finish my Quorra costume on time. I wanted to share with all of you my finished costume.

Here are the results 3M Scothlite reflective fabric tape will give you if you decide to use it to make your Tron Legacy costumes. All these photos are taken with flash photography. I included one so you can see how the suit looks when flash is not used.

I still want to find the right lighting source to rig to my Quorra costume by the time the movie comes out to wear it to the premiere.

I had the time of my life wearing my Quorra costume to CON. Everyone just loved photographing it and had no idea when their flash went off on their cameras what great lighting effects the reflective tape would produce.

To tell you the truth, that Scothlite tape is so powerful, I actually think that it is too bright and drowns out your actual costume being photographed. You really have to play around with your camera to find the right settings to bring out the reflective tape glow as well as capturing your costume or all you are going to get is nothing but white glow :lol

Cheers!
~Annissë

Attachments

• dc2010 104.jpg
    dc2010 104.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,385
  • dc2010 044.jpg
    dc2010 044.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,988
  • dc2010 155.jpg
    dc2010 155.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,650
Hi all!

I am back from Dragon Con and after getting a week's worth of sleep working non stop to finish my Quorra costume on time. I wanted to share with all of you my finished costume.

Here are the results 3M Scothlite reflective fabric tape will give you if you decide to use it to make your Tron Legacy costumes. All these photos are taken with flash photography. I included one so you can see how the suit looks when flash is not used.

I still want to find the right lighting source to rig to my Quorra costume by the time the movie comes out to wear it to the premiere.

I had the time of my life wearing my Quorra costume to CON. Everyone just loved photographing it and had no idea when their flash went off on their cameras what great lighting effects the reflective tape would produce.

To tell you the truth, that Scothlite tape is so powerful, I actually think that it is too bright and drowns out your actual costume being photographed. You really have to play around with your camera to find the right settings to bring out the reflective tape glow as well as capturing your costume or all you are going to get is nothing but white glow :lol

Cheers!
~Annissë

Are you sure these aren't just behind the scenes shots? ;) They look spot on! :) Great job on your costume!

Hi all!

Cheers!
~Annissë

Fantastic job!!!! How did you secure the identity disk to your back? Magnets?

That's an excellent Quorra! And you got that together fairly quickly from your previous posts, very cool.

I agree the tape is really bright - maybe use a thinner strip of it, since it seems to be fairly thick vs the thinner lines from the movie photos.

Hi all!

Cheers!
~Annissë

Coooooooooooooool!!!! :thumbsup

can you please post what boots you ended up using, thank you! :)

Hi all!

Cheers!
~Annissë

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back