Done / Completed Trigun Long Colt 45 - Full 3d printed kit

If it's going to be in metal (not pot metal) , I'd pay a pretty penny for that.

If you're referring to the blade runner gun we're doing, sorry - it'll be ABS plastic too. There are some metal kits out there, most notably the tomenosuke kit - which we are using heavily for reference.

The advantage of plastic is we can do a kit for $125-$150 and keep it affordable for people.

Thanks

Thanks for all the feedback and interest. We're going to go ahead and start modelling and prototyping this over spring break. I'll post some screen shots and renders as we go. I haven' started a list, as it's a bit early, but as we get closer I'll start with those who have expressed their interest first.

As with the Samaritan kit, this kit is being done by myself and a student in my high-school 3d fabrication class. A good chunk of the proceeds will go back into the class to buy more cool tools, 3d scanners and hopefully a 3rd 3D printer.

Thanks again for your support. Please subscribe to this thread to keep up to date.

Thanks

Last edited:
I know its been a bit since the last update, rest assured we're still working hard. Here's a render of our current progress:

It's getting pretty close, just a lot of little things to finish. We're trying to make the mechanism so you can pull down the release and the gun will open to reload. If anyone has one of the metal ones that were sold here before, I'd love a length measurement. I'm pretty sure we're accurate, and if we're right, it's really going to be a LONG colt.

Stay tuned for more info soon. Should have some 3D printed prototype pics soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back