Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen "Wheelie" (robot-mode) W.I.P. build

KINGBOTZ

Hey friends, it's been a LONG time but I'm back with a new Transformers movie-scale build! I've been commissioned to build a movie-scale replica of the little Decepticon-turned-Autobot-spy "Wheelie" in his robot-mode. Since a got considerable-inquiries to build more copies of the movie-scale "Frenzy" that I did last year, I decided to go ahead and build TWO of these little guys to have one on hand to sell or just keep for myself when they're done. :cool With lots of help from a Facebook-friend of mine that built a truck-mode of this guy, I was able to get MANY of the needed-parts that are recognizable in bot-mode to save a lot of scratch-building and help things along, while making it as movie-accurate as possible. Good reference-pics are EXTREMELY hard to find of Wheelie, so I scraped together what I could find on the net along with screen-grabs and some fan-made CGI-renderings, and will have to improvise the rest of what I can't see......sooooooo unfortunately he won't be ENTIRELY movie-accurate, but I'm doing my best to get it close as I can. He will be poseable, articulate and have working rollbar-lights on his hips and light-up eyes.

Never could find out the approximate-height of Wheelie in the movie, which was always variable anyway, so I had to pretty much give it a good estimate based on the size of the parts I have and shots of him next to humans in the movie. I estimate he will be somewhere between 20 and 25", (about adult knee-height) which will change according to how he is posed. I'm hoping to get this little guy done by early October, the client will be bringing him to Valley-Con and displaying him with his BeaterBee TF movie-car. With all that said, I'll be posting progress-pics of Wheelie here as I go along. Thanks for looking! :cool

Wheelie's guts & chest are pretty much done, things are rollin'! It was a headache, but the hip-lights/rollbar-lights are all wired-up and working now. Had to totally scratch-build a secondary rear brush-guard and entire muffler-assembly in the back, and cut all the tubes in half to split the front-brushgaurd. Still a few add-ons to do, but the worst for this part is over, now to move on to the shoulder cross-member and wheels. Also have to start cutting the front truck-cab to make the 8 panels the mount on his back and mid-section. This little project is certainly makin up for size in complexity, but he's startin' ta come to life! Tryin to get this done by the end of the month, lots of work left to do. :cool

This is freaking awesome!! I can't wait to see it completed :) I would love to do this build for myself.

Great job so far!

Thanks! Wheelie's a small-figure, but pretty complex. I'm pullin my hair out on this one, takin it one day at a time. One of the hardest parts of this build is actually trying to use limited reference-pics and having to improvise. I'm shooting for end-of-the-month, so stay tuned!

Woah. Very nice work.

Thank ya! I hope to have more frequent updates, as I'm shooting for the end of the month. Not sure if that's gonna happen, but I'm gonna give it my best.

Small update: All back-panels done! Working on splitting the shoulder-tires now, and will be able to mount these pieces once that's done.

Update! Weelie's shoulders and backplates all done! Will begin on the arms the next couple of days. Still have a bunch of knick-knack details to add before it's done, but the worst of it is over. Should have the arms pretty much done in the coming week, then finally his head. Here's some front & back pics of the 2 I'm building right now, and a close-up of his back-paneling and shoulder-wheels.

Fender-flares installed on the shoulders......and now Wheelie's got fully articulate arms and hands! Balljointed & rotatable-shoulder, balljointed elbow, wrist and fully-posable fingers. In that home-stretch once again, now to get started on the head! :cool

Tis is awesome

Gotta get it done in less than 2 weeks, so it's gettin' awesomer by the day! :D Workin on the head now, will post pics of that soon.

This is great! I know the movies were not all that, but I love how even with that it gives the fandom something to create and make.

iDD

You're right, that's what I love about this particular piece. As far as I know, there was no actual movie-prop for Wheelie, he was all CGI. That kinda hurt, because of the extremely-limited reference-pics available, but that also gave me the unique opportunity to do things my own practical way when I couldn't make out a particular body-part, which was at least 30% of the time.....gave me the chance to simplify things. I did my best with adding as much clarified detail as I could see, & pretty much improvised the rest.

Final week of the ROTF Wheelie-build! Finally wrapping up the head, eyes work and have 4-points of articulation each, and a ball-jointed lower-jaw for some posable-fun. Most-likely the last of the teaser-pics for this build, will be disassembling and starting the priming & painting-stage tomorrow! Thanks everybody for checking out & following this build along the way, it's been a hectic 3 months. :wacko

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back