Touching up my Masudaya LIS Robot...

Chrisisall

Sr Member
I made this model in 1994, and only addressed the atrocious claws as an issue, the rest was basically out of the box.
Now I find that I feel the need to put a little more work into him.

This is how he was:

B9robot001.jpg

Then I closed the hole that was used for the inept voice box that it came with:

B9robot011.jpg

Last night Extended the separation between the legs:

B9robot014.jpg

I also painted his gauntlets gray instead of the silver they came as.
Today I went on a mad hunt for clear styrene rods to re-make his chest light (It has a lot of holes in it for the terrible voice from the lame voicebox):

B9robot012.jpg

But I came up totally empty. I figured I had to order them online until I realized that I had clear sprues from my Viper canopies:

B9robot013.jpg

And that's where I am now.

DANGER! An all-nighter is possible!!!:lol

Nice!
PS
I have the same budget as you do!
My budget increased for this project by $3.50!!! :lol

Okay, finished the clear chest plate:

B9robot018.jpg

Then lightly sanded the backside & coated the whole thing with flat clear laquer coat, AND gloss acrylic (the $3.50) to get rid of the totally clear look:

B9robot019.jpg

Then put it back in (after I glossed the lower 'windows'):

B9robot020.jpg

B9robot021.jpg

And DONE! At least until I get my hands on some cashy money- then i might do more...:lol

Last edited:
Nice work on the chest plate. That's a nice looking model, I must have missed it when it came out. Oh well, something else to look for...

Nice work on the chest plate. That's a nice looking model, I must have missed it when it came out. Oh well, something else to look for...
It' going for like $275 on Ebay- and that's nuthin', Robby (made in the same scale by the same company) is like $900!!!!!!:wacko

That's a great job!

I had the Robby - sold it to a friend recently - now that needs quite a few mods.

That's a great job!

I had the Robby - sold it to a friend recently - now that needs quite a few mods.
Any pictures lying around you could share? I love Robby too, but I don't have a Masudaya one, and I sure CAN'T afford one NOW.:wacko

Last edited:
CHrisisall,

Really enjoying the in-progress photos. But my favorite part of this build is your solution to fix the voice box. Brilliant!

This makes me want to get back to an old MPC R2-D2 I've had in the garage for years.

Ted.
Prefect42.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back