Total Recall [2112] Bolo Gun Mystery [Pic Heavy]

Close, but I did finally find it, I thought it would be some hardcore tactical flashlight used by the military. Turns out it was a cheap Costco flashlight made by Feit Electric. Runs on 3 C batteris so it's fairly chunky and heavy.

Now I just need to find me one.

Here's the info you guys are looking for. I think there's another thread too with these requests or at least for the EoTech.

The carbines used for the film were the Kriss Vector SBR's and SMG models. Vector SBR .45 ACP & Vector SMG .45 ACP

The sling is manufactured by BLACKHAWK! and is the Storm Single Point XT Sling BLACKHAWK! Storm Single Point Sling XT - BLACKHAWK! This series was made for Kriss and the rail attachment point is something they had custom cut for them as well. KRISS // Tactical Sling (no pin) - Slings - Firearms accessories & KRISS // Vector Low Profile Rail Sling Mount - Slings - Firearms accessories

The magazines are also produced for Kriss and consist of a Glock 21 magazine body and follower and custom extended housing. Magpul was contracted to make the mag extensions bodies as well. KRISS // Fully assembled 25+rd Glock 21 - Magazines - Firearms accessories

The flashlight holder is the 5 position milspec 1.2" Command Arms Accessories 5 position UFH4 holder not the 1" version. There are other Chineese knockoffs that look the same but don't hold up to the beating and actual weight of the flashlight they will have to hold. 5 Position and Laser Mount 1.1" - 1.20" Polymer Made | CAA - Command Arms Accessories

The forward grip model # MVG is also made by CAA Short Vertical Grip with Rubber Gripping Surfaces & Pressure Switch Mounts Polymer Made | CAA - Command Arms Accessories. Kriss sells a unmarked version on the web page as well again made by CAA for them although I think Kriss is now shipping the grips from CAA with their company markings on them, they were generic at one point. Vector SMG .45 ACP

The side rail which has nothing on it for the film is made by Kriss Vector and is proprietary to the real weapons. KRISS // Vector Side Picatinny Rail Kit - Rails & Grips - Firearms accessories

The flashlight is the Feit Electric 72325 LED Flashlight. The back button on the flashlight is painted over black but shows a yellowish orange coming through it. The flashlights appear to have had the markings washed off with paint thinner as you can still somewhat make out the logos.

The factory Diamond Back front and rear aluminum flip up sights were removed and an L3 EoTech 512 laser sight was mounted on the top of the Kriss Vector's factory installed rail. Product: 512 | L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapons Systems

Full load .45 ACP custom crimped blanks were made for the film and the BFA was produced by the armorer and threaded onto the factory reverse cut threads on the end of the weapon's barrel.

That should about cover the Kriss pieces. If you have any questions please let me know.

As for the Bolo gun it was custom made by the art department.

Attachments

• KRISS.jpg
    KRISS.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Holy guacamole, that's a lot of detailed info. THANK YOU!

As for the Bolo gun it was custom made by the art department.

I have to say, since my original post was after info on the Bolo gun, that reading that line after all the detailed KRISS info made me laugh out loud. :)

Any idea why the filmmakers decided to "hide" that gun in the editing? It looked fantastic to me.

Thanks again for finding and replying to this!

- JD

Aaah! Great info about the Kriss...everything i was looking for.

Thanks OneHotHemi.

I need to get the flashlight from the US, as the UK one is slightly different :(

Sorry, been away a while. Please keep in mind the 1" diameter CAA light mount will not work you need the bigger one due to the larger base bezzle of the flashlight. The flashlight has a removable end, but then gets thicker and then thinner again. Trust me I have one of the original guns from the film and have the part in hand. Go with the larger mount.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back