Topher Grace Edits Star Wars Prequels

I think we all know what must be done:

fanboys%202%20II%20movie%20poster.jpg

I was curious about this edit but what we needed were good movies. Not good edits of bad movies. I've just about forgotten about the prequels. The only plus that came out of them are a few designs like Obi-Wan's lightsaber and a few female Jedi characters. Drew Struzan's posters are also cool. But I basically use the prequels as an example of what not to do and how to ruin a classic trilogy.

On a more serious note, if the copyright laws were closer to what they were originally, we would all be able to watch Topher's edit no worries. And that was the intention with things entering the public domain... to allow people to play with them, remake them, whatever... usually to the better.

Usually.

any edit done without consent of the original creator must distinguish itself substancially from the original, to a point where it becomes a seperate piece of work that is not similar to the original.

star wars was never public domain, in fact it wont be for at least 100 years.

and the above stated is what the law was like allways. at least for the last 30 years.

any edit done without consent of the original creator must distinguish itself substancially from the original, to a point where it becomes a seperate piece of work that is not similar to the original.

star wars was never public domain, in fact it wont be for at least 100 years.

and the above stated is what the law was like allways. at least for the last 30 years.

No, not always. The first Congressional copyright law was passed in 1790. The 1790 Act granted authors the exclusive right to publish and vend "maps, charts and books" for a term of 14 years. This 14 year term was renewable for one additional 14 year term, if the author was alive at the end of the first time.

Granted, movies are a different medium, but this business of copyright to 70 years after death tends to stifle innovation via reinterpretation.

Bump. I know this is a shot in the dark but anyone have word on whether a copy of this ever made it into the hands of the lay public? With Episode VII on the horizon I would love to one day see Topher's edit of the prequels. If anyone has *any* credible info please post. Thanks!

Watch the Trailer for Topher Grace's One-Film Edit of the STAR WARS Prequels | Collider

I liked the first half with the voice over from the original trilogy, then the Inception music took over which was distracting and felt totally out of place.
Thanks for posting that Vivek, :cool:thumbsup I never heard of this until the thread came back up. Looks interesting, I wonder if using the SW music would have been too much infringement to post? It certainly would have looked cooler with the appropriate score.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back