Top Gun: Maverick

I came across this meme image and I laughed at it. XD

9489BE6D-CEDB-4903-9451-7F3AFAFA1055.png

So I finally got to see it. Looking at so many responses, questions and explanations on why it's so successful, and many hours of research I figured out why the film has done so well. It is a bit complicated so bare with me.

It was good.

I hope I did not get too technical or bury the point in minutia.

So I finally got to see it. Looking at so many responses, questions and explanations on why it's so successful, and many hours of research I figured out why the film has done so well. It is a bit complicated so bare with me.

It was good.

It's the story and character that are good. No filler, no lack of consistency between this film and the previous one because someone thought something was broken or concepts were out of date. It's story and character, pure and simple.

It was good.

TL;DR

Clownfish was reporting on a website making the claim and were adding their two cents. Here's the actual site that made the report: Top Gun: Maverick Has Too Much Tom Cruise

Personally, I just find it funny that someone thinks that Top Gun: Maverick had too much Tom Cruise, you know, considering he's the titular character and the lead of the film. It was almost like CBR was expecting a repeat of how Luke was handled in The Last Jedi. XD

Exhaust Port, small target, SAM's lining the trench, crack squad of fighters flying below their radar.......
Targeting system failing just before taking the crucial shot!

It was badically the trench run in its entirety.

Just seen it. Really good film, excellent follow on from the original.

Rooster was probably the best casting choice for any movie I've seen in years. Totally bought him as Goose's son.

I watched the original before it to refresh, everyone is sweating profusely in every scene. Never noticed that before, thats the one thing TG:M fails hard with, not enough damn sweat!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back