Top Gun: Maverick

CB2001

Master Member
I came across this meme image and I laughed at it. XD

9489BE6D-CEDB-4903-9451-7F3AFAFA1055.png

Jamesfett

Sr Member
So I finally got to see it. Looking at so many responses, questions and explanations on why it's so successful, and many hours of research I figured out why the film has done so well. It is a bit complicated so bare with me.

It was good.

I hope I did not get too technical or bury the point in minutia.

CB2001

Master Member
So I finally got to see it. Looking at so many responses, questions and explanations on why it's so successful, and many hours of research I figured out why the film has done so well. It is a bit complicated so bare with me.

It was good.

It's the story and character that are good. No filler, no lack of consistency between this film and the previous one because someone thought something was broken or concepts were out of date. It's story and character, pure and simple.

Ron

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It was good.

TL;DR

CB2001

Master Member
Clownfish was reporting on a website making the claim and were adding their two cents. Here's the actual site that made the report: Top Gun: Maverick Has Too Much Tom Cruise

Personally, I just find it funny that someone thinks that Top Gun: Maverick had too much Tom Cruise, you know, considering he's the titular character and the lead of the film. It was almost like CBR was expecting a repeat of how Luke was handled in The Last Jedi. XD

TazMan2000

Master Member

For those not familiar with some of the lingo...Raw gear means Radar Warning Receiver...the tech that detects enemy radar signals.
***Edit...The technology detects and interprets the signals, identifying what the exact threat is depending on the the frequency of the radar band.

TazMan2000

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.