Tomorrowland

Just got in my first fire extinguisher for use of the handle. Unfortunately, while it looks correct, it is significantly too large.

If anyone that has found a correct size extinguisher handle is willing to mold it, I'd be much obliged for the chance to buy a set of castings.

i bought a pair of vintage brass/copper badger extinguishers on ebay. they are a just a little over 6" diameter. They were actually being sold as a set of converted lamps. I will let you know if the dimensions work out.

Also, for those of you who are crafting their extinguishers from scratch, I am currently modeling the label to be printed on Shapeways in a flexible plastic. (I'll share the link here, once it's uploaded.) Here's the in-progress graphics:

Screenshot_2015-06-15-20-21-07-2.jpg

guys the square pad, may be a stadium seat pad or maybe the whole thing could be a mountain trail backpack frame, a vintage one.
The carb shape under the horn ring looks to be more like a small lawn mower style one.

Got the correct pressure gauge and weathered the brakes. Working on the button for the other handle today. Also worked out the elbow and the rotation mount where the bars meet the pack.

IMG_2994.JPG

So I'm also working on a second jetpack for a friends young son...my concern is obviously him putting it on and falling over. haha. What else is out there that I could use for the extinguishers? The pvc is good, but anything else lighter weight?

The pvc is not much lighter, I would scale it down and used 2 liter bottles (you could fill the 2 liters with great stuff foam for stability), could use pvc end caps for the bottom of the electrolux bottoms and tops, pvc for the solonoids, michaels clear ornament balls for the oldsmobile horn.

the actual pack was made to be removable from the harness because the child actor could barely stand with it because it weighed so much.

Last edited:
Anyone working on the pin case??? Any idea where I could find the case and mod it?? Been looking but can't find anything

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was, kind of thought it could be a case for sunglasses. seems like the right size. I spend a while googling metal flip cases with no luck

Anyone working on the pin case??? Any idea where I could find the case and mod it?? Been looking but can't find anything

I was, kind of thought it could be a case for sunglasses. seems like the right size. I spend a while googling metal flip cases with no luck
Same here.. I've looked for pencil cases too..

Disney pics seem like they are cut into shape...

I'll keep looking.. It was too big to be sunglassesuploadfromtaptalk1434511671566.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434511678767.jpeg

I tried pencil cases. But by my estimation if the pins are 1 inch the opening where the glasses or pencils would go appears to only be 6 inches or so. most pencils would not fit in it when new.

Plus in my research pencil cases always seem to be more square and flat and the sunglasses cases or the case a fancy pen comes in are often oval and rounded.

Probably is 3d design as Abelugo said, everything on the film seems to be, I would still like to find something close that could work as a base, even if we had to cut open the hand holes. Then an oval pencil case would work nicely.

something like this seems close http://www.promosmall.com/wholesale...alGiftCaseCustomwithLogo_928580/#.VYDwVvlVhBc

Same here.. I've looked for pencil cases too..

Disney pics seem like they are cut into shape...

I'll keep looking.. It was too big to be sunglassesView attachment 490325View attachment 490326

Last edited:
Does this pin case hold the same pins that were replicated here? Then wouldn't the size of the pin be a known size?
did you guys try looking at makeup cases with the little cubbies?

BTW, maybe a separate thread should be started for that topic.

Last edited:
If you give a size I may be able to knock this out in a bit. talking about the Pin case.

update, whipped one up at lunch time, you know I have issues sometimes with tight bezels.
I know where the pins go there is a flat cutout shape and the pins are laid back a bit.

I ended up a 1.25 over all depth.
I used 1.125 for the pin diameter.

The original concept designers concept was changed vs that prop, the loop hole is way different unless it trapezoids out where its cutout to. I would have to see open and closed images of the actual case prop.

pin case1.jpg

This model is all solid right now, not too much time to make.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back