Tomb Raider Reborn

I wear size 9, 9-1/2 and sometimes 10 depending on the shoe. This forum is completely awesome. I've been a "lurker" for some time now. I should have said hello sooner ;).

Fortune favours us a second time... i wear a size 9 like you. :)

I'd be willing to part with one of my pairs of Charles Street boots... PM me.

- - - Updated - - -

I decided to go with a WW2 Colt 45 shoulder holster which is the more reddish brown color. It is a reproduction and not an original so it will definitely needed to be weathered. Should I sand it lightly too?

You could mess about with sanding it some, but I think I'd do that after you paint it. After all it's bound to be lighter on the inside and you'd want that to contrast with the darker shade you're painting it.

K.

Fortune favours us a second time... i wear a size 9 like you. :)

I'd be willing to part with one of my pairs of Charles Street boots... PM me.

- - - Updated - - -

You could mess about with sanding it some, but I think I'd do that after you paint it. After all it's bound to be lighter on the inside and you'd want that to contrast with the darker shade you're painting it.

K.

Woohoo that's great. I just PM'd you. Thanks for the advice. I am working on my arrows right now. I finished my bow. I did the first makeshift bow with tree limbs and cotton cord. I think it turned out really nice but it's a little too short. I couldn't find any 5ft. tree limbs that were small and flexible so I did with what I could which ended up being a little over 3 ft. bow. I guess at least I won't be smacking into as many people at the con..maybe lol.

Mistyice26 - you dressing out Saturday?

You can bring a normal airsoft to SDCC, you just have to take the magazine out, and get it tagged at weapons check.

Mistyice26 - you dressing out Saturday?

You can bring a normal airsoft to SDCC, you just have to take the magazine out, and get it tagged at weapons check.

I haven't decided which day(s) I'm going to dress up yet! You?

Thanks for letting me know. I may end up getting a gun still. I guess the worst they can say is "no."

Was that to TheLadyNerd or to me?

Acrylic or enamel will work, but i tend to think that an acrylic would work better on the plastic of the 'talkies, :)

K.

Yep, totally agree: when in doubt go for acrylic :) I haven't had experience with Humbrol itself but experience after painting everything under the sun (only slight exaggeration) my collection of paints are now all acrylic or urethane based. Enamel will tend to leave many plastics tacky, and is also brittle once cured. Acrylic is much more flexible and less reactive to other plastics :) It is also less smooth when applying and cured though, so that is the main downside.

Sorry for poking my nose in ;) I recently found a copy of the anniversary edition in a stack of DVDs at home and then while looking for models of Nyreen in Masseffect I kept stumbling over XNALara models including one of the Reborn Lara :) Figured it was fate saying answer at least one question in this thread ;)

Ill be doing Lara on Saturday. It'd be cool to catch up with other 2013-Lara's!

Awesome maybe I'll dress up on Saturday then. You can PM me on here to figure out how to contact each other while there if you want? Up to you :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, totally agree: when in doubt go for acrylic :) I haven't had experience with Humbrol itself but experience after painting everything under the sun (only slight exaggeration) my collection of paints are now all acrylic or urethane based. Enamel will tend to leave many plastics tacky, and is also brittle once cured. Acrylic is much more flexible and less reactive to other plastics :) It is also less smooth when applying and cured though, so that is the main downside.

Sorry for poking my nose in ;) I recently found a copy of the anniversary edition in a stack of DVDs at home and then while looking for models of Nyreen in Masseffect I kept stumbling over XNALara models including one of the Reborn Lara :) Figured it was fate saying answer at least one question in this thread ;)

Thank you so much! I actually haven't bought the walkie talkies yet because (for some reason) they are SO expensive...even on Ebay. If I do find one though I'll go for the acrylic. Thanks for the heads up. Actually, I think it was fate that I met Kristen who has helped me to acquire some of the last things I needed to complete my cosplay outfit. I am forever thankful to everyone on this site. Once the whole outfit is ready I'll post pics.

mistyice26... I may be able to help you with your walkie talkie situation as well. :)

You can?? How so? :) I got the package yesterday..YAYY!!! The shoes were an 8-1/2 but they still fit me. I am looking to dye them now. I am going to have my feathers fletched at Scheels tomorrow too. It's all coming together nicely and it's because of you guys. Thanks everyone for being so helpful but especially Kristen :)

I am going to paint my walkies and I noticed someone posted that they used Humbrol #69 yellow gloss paint. Did you use the enamel or acrylic version? Thank you!

Oops, been away for a while!

I used the enamel version. It was tacky for about a day after each coat, but stickyness went away once it was properly cured and it's beautifully smooth. I am SO happy with how it turned out. I'm using acrylics for a lot of my weathering, so didn't want to use the acrylic to paint the yellow as well.

I've been working on my pendant, sculpted a few copies in varying sizes. This is the one I'm using for my costume, it's approximately 17mm in diameter - just got it strung on a simple leather cord for now so it can be worn around the place, the chunky braided cord to the left is what I'll ultimately be using.

LaraPendantandCord_zps83b5fc37.png

Close up

LaraPendant_zpsc457a077.png

I've spent ages umming and aahing over how to have it fasten, finally decided to go for some vintage brass clasps that will hopefully be discrete when it's all put together.
Also made a copy of the assymetrical concept art pendant in the same size as the in-game pendant just for the sake of it (can post pics if anyone's curious to see).

Oops, been away for a while!

I used the enamel version. It was tacky for about a day after each coat, but stickyness went away once it was properly cured and it's beautifully smooth. I am SO happy with how it turned out. I'm using acrylics for a lot of my weathering, so didn't want to use the acrylic to paint the yellow as well.

I've been working on my pendant, sculpted a few copies in varying sizes. This is the one I'm using for my costume, it's approximately 17mm in diameter - just got it strung on a simple leather cord for now so it can be worn around the place, the chunky braided cord to the left is what I'll ultimately be using.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/Bennuko/Lara Croft/LaraPendantandCord_zps83b5fc37.png

Close up

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/Bennuko/Lara Croft/LaraPendant_zpsc457a077.png

I've spent ages umming and aahing over how to have it fasten, finally decided to go for some vintage brass clasps that will hopefully be discrete when it's all put together.
Also made a copy of the assymetrical concept art pendant in the same size as the in-game pendant just for the sake of it (can post pics if anyone's curious to see).

Ooo that's a pretty necklace! I really like it. Thanks for responding. If I get the walkies I'll try the enamel version. Are you going to SDCC this year too?

Ooo that's a pretty necklace! I really like it. Thanks for responding. If I get the walkies I'll try the enamel version. Are you going to SDCC this year too?

Thanks! It was sculpted completely with a pin :p

Unfortunately it's rather expensive to get to SCC from New Zealand, so I won't be going this year.
Would love to go one year though!

Thanks! It was sculpted completely with a pin :p

Unfortunately it's rather expensive to get to SCC from New Zealand, so I won't be going this year.
Would love to go one year though!

Oh that's too bad! I go pretty much every year so if you go some year you'll have to PM me ;).

Does anyone recognise the logo on the buttons? I thought it might be related to the Sisters of Artemis or the UCL - University College of London, but the letters don't seem to match up (Just a guess that the letters are 'GYD'. Could be a T in the middle, or the G could be a C.
Hard to get a sharp image since they're so small.

ButtonCrest_zps57c6cef0.png

I don't think they're letters at all. I think youre looking at the design upside down. I believe they are scroll work ABOVE the "shield" rather than letters below it.

It looks like a sort of crown design sitting atop a shield to me.

I don't think they're letters at all. I think youre looking at the design upside down. I believe they are scroll work ABOVE the "shield" rather than letters below it.

It looks like a sort of crown design sitting atop a shield to me.

Now that you mention it, yeah, that does make more sense :p
Seems odd that all of her buttons would be rotated on her pants so that they're almost upside down, but ah well!

I've actually seen that many of my own clothes have their buttons put on all wonky. Guess they don't always care about such things in the factories where they're made:p

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back